NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
www.n64fan.co.nr

Goldeneye

Bunker is my number one choice with facilty next. I never really got into the Library ones, what else was there to pick from? My memories a little hazy this morning as far as GoldenEye's concerned.

Theres also Cave, Crypt, Complex, Temple, copy of the archive level as well. I didn't like any of these levels...

Yes! Thanks for reminding me, Complex was one of my favourites, its a tie between it and Bunker. Facilty was only for my friends benefit as Complex was too... complex for them. Due to this, Felicity was the main level of choice in Perfect Dark. I loved all those wee hidey holes in the Complex, you could hide in them if you were being chased and then jump out for the kill... them were the days, lol.

Duke Nukem 64 had an incredible Dukematch mode, in many ways I preferred it to GoldenEye.

I thought they adapted the name of Facility in order to get around some copyrights or something. Hadnt Rare and Nintendo lost the James Bond license to Activision by the time Perfect Dark was being released? :hmm:

Now heres the make or break question: would we all have preferred it if Rare had made follow up 007 games to GoldenEye, or are we happy they were able to go down the route of making an orginal follow up?

The negative flow on effect from a possibly inferior sequel would of damaged the reputation of the previous game, playing it safe was the best way to go...

Yeah thats true... but on the other hand, if we had The World is Not Enough for the N64 developed by Rareware, then there would be no moaning about the sci-fi aspects of Perfect Dark. Obviously having a blank canvas to work with in PD they were able to incorporate all kinds of things that wouldnt have been in Bond. Do you think the Carrington Institute would work as MI6 HQ? It kinda could...

If this gets released on Wii VC, i'm definitely getting it.

It wont as the game was made by RARE who were sold to microsoft:cry:

It wont as the game was made by RARE who were sold to microsoft:cry:

Sorry that I cant provide you with a quote or a source here, but didnt Reggie say that they were on the case of getting GoldenEye to the VC? :hehe: Im sure he said that, cos everyone here was like "do you think they'll make it so we can play online?" and all. So dont lose hope yet :wink:

Sign in to follow this