N-Europe

My fancy new TV is sometimes losing the signal...

GSS1

Hardly a week ago, I got me this new 32" LCD HD-Ready TV.

So far, I only play my videogames on it and all seems to go well except at certain moments when the screen "explodes" in some of my games.

This being a VG site, mayby mentioning the games could help a little.

It is the "exploding" part, that differs a little from game to game like if the screen lights up bright instantly (almost like a flash grenade) that is the problem.

This causes the screen to turn blue (which happens when no signal are present) and it also says this on the TV: "No signal"

Even though this only happens for a second, which is the time the sudden "explosion" accurs, it´s still very annoying.

The games and "explosions are so far:

Tenchu III at the title screen (white flash)

Gotcha Force when going into hyper mode and when recieving new robots/parts after battle.

Resident Evil 0 when starting/loading that boom sound followed by the narrator: "Resident Evil 0"

In short, the "explosion" I´m talking about is like when a in-game shockwave accurs.

I play mostly my Gamecube using the official RGB scart and my PS2 using the less effective white-red-yellow cord (don´t know what it´s called in english, sorry)

The TV is a Mirai, a new brand but it´s a very great TV IMO.

It´s as mentioned a LCD, 32" with contrast 1000:1 with an 8 ms respons time (dunno if I spelt that right, could be called something else in english, sorry again)

Could the TV be broken in any way?

Is it some fact that an LCD TV can´t handle sudden signals that lasts for a second?

I really like this TV so far, and it would be a shame if it might be broken.

I really don´t think that this could be something "normal". It always happens at the exact instances in my games so I know 100% that it is that sudden "explosion" (like the TV suddenly lights up brightly for a second) that causes the signal to be lost for a second.

Any help or comments at all would help.

I see you didn´t understood what I meant which means you haven´t played the games I mention.

Hopefully, this could be a little clearer:

The "explosions" are in-game explosions.

It´s like a in-game shockwave.

The Gotcha Force bit, when you recieve new robots/parts, the capsule (ingame) explodes, hench the shockwave, out goes the signal for that second it explodes.

RE 0 - When starting the game, there´s a ingame shock wave.

Tenchu III - when the title screen appears, the screen should light up bright (like a flash grenade) and the signal gets lost there for a second.

It´s those, really sudden flashing moments that screw up the signal.

Now be so kind as not post if you don´t have anything helpful to say.

If you refer your title as a regular user, don´t you mean spammer? No way any serious poster would act the way you do.

A regular user should welcome and help new ones, not start the way you´ve done.

I´ve gotten a very bad first impression of this place and if the people here are like you there´s no way I would stay.

Now, is there someone, other than this person here, that has anything useful to say?

If not, I can take my question elsewhere on better forums.

Hey m8 if your gunna stay on this forum atleast start being nice to people. Especially Aficionado's :hehe:

Shouldn't you of just answered his question properly or not answered it at all if your not sure what the problem might. After all its sounds like a serious problem and I suspect he wanted a serious answer.

I was gonna say it could be the screen having problems refreshing after something fast happens such as your explosions, but you say it has a refresh rate of 8ms so I presume thats quite fast, You havent got the plugs in the HD holes or anything like that, tried using the scart connector and not the RGB cables?

(After this one) no more posts that aren't about the topic in hand. No more arguing. No more completely useless responses that don't help the OP.

Thread reset, go!

Isn't it Ironic?

From what you are saying, I don't think its panel related. It sounds to me like there might be a problem with your RGB socket, hence the losing of the signal. Try the games that are having problems in another connection, such as AV, RF, component etc.

Thanks for the more serious replies guys.

Well, the RGB I´m using is a scart (it´s called RGB here) and it´s also the official Nintendo one and it´s plugged in the first of two scart sockets in the TV.

I never had problems with my old TV so...

The games themselves have no problems whatsoever, it´s just those instances in some games it happens.

Same with the PS2, I never had any problems with my old TV and the games are running smoothly although, I have those three plugins that have three different colors as I stated in the first post.