NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
stev2604

Do these work?

My iPod minis battery has been reduced to about 2hrs and ive had it about 2 years. First i was gonna get a video iPod but then i saw this site which has replacement iPod batterys. At $40(€30) its way cheaper than a new iPod.

Has anyone used them and if so do they work?

If it has the correct output voltage (it would be stupid if it didn't....) it'll work. But if the battery itself is built cheaply it doesn't have a protection circuit and might blow up. Which usually means nasty burns if it blows up in your pocket.

Can't you get an official new battery for it?

If it has the correct output voltage (it would be stupid if it didn't....) it'll work. But if the battery itself is built cheaply it doesn't have a protection circuit and might blow up. Which usually means nasty burns if it blows up in your pocket.

Can't you get an official new battery for it?

I could but that costs around €60 and ill lose all my songs

Surely your songs are on a computer though, so you could just transfer them back across!?

Surely your songs are on a computer though, so you could just transfer them back across!?

My computer broke a few months ago and i lost everything on it.:( And also ive

built up my collection of songs on it over time by getting them off friends computers

etc.

Can't you transfer the songs to a pc and then transfer them back after it has the new battery. And why would you lose the songs if you change the battey?

Can't you transfer the songs to a pc and then transfer them back after it has the new battery. And why would you lose the songs if you change the battey?

You cant transfer songs from an iPod to a PC. :( On the Apple website it says you lose all your songs when getting the battery replaced.

you can actually. you have to make hidden folders visible then you click on your iPod in my computer. Then you click iPod control which was hidden but is not hidden now. Then you click on music. In their should be lots of folders and inside the folders all your precious music! They should have weird names and such but iTunes should give em all names and all that good stuff!

alternatively there is plenty of free software out there which can take the music off ya pod.

you can actually. you have to make hidden folders visible then you click on your iPod in my computer. Then you click iPod control which was hidden but is not hidden now. Then you click on music. In their should be lots of folders and inside the folders all your precious music! They should have weird names and such but iTunes should give em all names and all that good stuff!

Cool, how can i make hidden folders visible?

Sign in to follow this