NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Einix

AVI to DVD

Hi

I have got a and avi compatible dvd player and played avi files on it given to me by other people,

I want to know how I can copy the avi files to dvd, I have already tried nero and cd burner xp but I keep getting wierd errors during the burning process.

any help great

cheers :hehe:

Grab a program called DVD2SVCD. You will also need the TMPGenc encoder installed :)

Open the program and select AVI to DVD in the Misc section, then load your file, choose your border/size options etc and hit encode. It'll take some time, but you'll be left with a .cue file in the 'movie' folder of the program directory. Burn this using Nero (selecting burn image to dvd) and that should be it. Unfortunately I've not made DVD's before so this might not be the best way.

If you need more help with this program or any other vid conversions, you should be able to find them on doom9

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21859

Hope something here helps.

Do you want to just burn the avi files to a disc or convert them to proper dvds? I'm guessing just burning them.

You could try using different discs to the ones you are using, try burning at a really low speed, try not use your comp for other stuff while you are burning ...

Can you suucessfully burn other types of files to dvd disc?

How old is your drive?

Try deepburner, another free burning program, that I quite like.

Do you want to just burn the avi files to a disc or convert them to proper dvds? I'm guessing just burning them.

Ah, I didn't really take this into account :) but like I said, I don't make DVD's myself.

I have tried all the things that you have selected to no use im afraid.

The error that is occuring is when it tries close the dvd track. It also says that the disc PMA could not be updated.

Sign in to follow this