NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
KKOB

Prince of Persia Wii

prince of persia for Wii confirmed by Ubisoft today.

no other details known other than its not a launch title.

that is all lol

Edit - Changed title to Prince of Persia. :heh:

This is a dream come true as Fierce Link knows I love POP!

my favorites Cherry-ade :D

Awesome news, POP is one of my favourite games...even my mum liked it, as she tried to help me solve the various puzzles. No lies...

I'm sure it will be a compilation of the last-gen trilogy with some improvements. No way that the Wii is getting a Prince of Persia developed with the controller in mind.

So we get a new game series called Prince Or Persia and not Prince Of Persia. :p

Edit:

Last week Ubisoft delighted Nintendo fans by announcing it will support the launch of Nintendo Wii with seven titles, including entries from popular franchises Far Cry and Rayman. In the midst of all the news were hints -- largely from what looked to be announcements from Ubisoft France -- that Prince of Persia would also climb onto Nintendo's new console. The company's official press release, however, was distinctly Prince-free.

Will the sandy acrobatic scion make his way to the Wii or not? It turns out he will.

"I can confirm that a game based on the popular Prince of Persia franchise is one of many titles Ubisoft has in development for Nintendo's Wii," a spokesperson for Ubisoft told IGN today. "At this time we can not provide an official date for the game or any additional information about it."

According to the spokesperson, the Prince project was left off last week's announcement because it will not be a Wii launch title; the company does not have release timing or details for the game just yet.

Ubisoft previously stated that it has more, still unannounced titles in development for Nintendo's new generation console.

Of course, the Prince's sword-swinging, acrobatic moves could be an easy fit for the Wii controller, even if Ubisoft opts out of the controller-to-sword mapping it initially attempted with Red Steel.

Ubisoft will be showcasing some of its Wii titles at the Games Convention 2006 in Leipzig, Germany later this month. IGN will, of course, be on hand for up-to-date reports.

Here's hoping they announce a launch date and lots more infomation at the Games Convention in Leipzig! The Wii is one FIRE (not literally of course). Ubisoft are loving the Wii.

I think it was a given that Wii got PoP, didn´t every current-gen get at least one PoP? (Not sure of PSP though since I don´t care for that thing)

So, you think we might see Sam Fisher swing that Wiimote around and hit some bogie in the neck with it? BG&E? Ghost Recon?

This is a dream come true as Fierce Link knows I love POP!

It was quite funny, as i was talking to you online whilst posting this as a rumour on the mainsite. I've now confirmed it as fact. I'm pretty glad i posted it now in the first place!

Sign in to follow this