NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dabookerman

Lord of the rings + Oblivion = FUCKKK YES

" Electronic Arts has announced a new RPG for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, The Lord of the Rings: The White Council. This isn't the first time EA has ventured into the RPG realm using the Lord of the Rings universe, and on this outing EA hopes to improve by delivering "next generation gameplay and an epic new storyline".

The game will have players choosing and taking control of a man, an elf, a dwarf or a hobbit, and set out on an adventure in order to become allied with The White Council. The Council consists of characters well-known to fans of the Lord of the Rings, including Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel. Using next-gen capabilities, EA is set to provide the player with free, expansive travel across a virtual Middle-earth, and allow individual adventures to be created and experienced - it all sounds reminiscent of gameplay similar to that of the Elder Scrolls series.

Details are still minimal at this point, as the game is scheduled for release in late 2007. It certainly sounds promising so far, and could indeed become the One Game To Rul......yeah, you get the idea."

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Droooool... Please let them announce it for Wii too, even if it is just a port. The Lord of the Rings is the best film trilogy ever made, Return of the King the best film in history.

Droooool... Please let them announce it for Wii too, even if it is just a port. The Lord of the Rings is the best film trilogy ever made, Return of the King the best film in history.

Only for PC, PS3, Xbox 360

Hard luck, but the wii wont handle it.

just waiting for the demo to come on live later :D

i'll prob buy it tomorrow when i trade in GR:AW

Sounds frigin awesome.

Always wanted to play as an elf, strolling about, with a bow, thats why im an elf on Oblivion, but this is lord of the rings..ooooh my tastebuds are tinglin

the main thing, is that its free roaming, in middle earth, you can just enjoy trecking around minas tirith all the way to rivendel, that is what im finding awesome.

Horse riding would be awesome, but fast horse riding, i think the horse riding on Oblivion is a tad bi too slow, but i think thats the nature of the game.

going to al the places like we saw in the films would be cool. like next to those massive statues.

I cant wait...I'll have to sell a game probably to get it though

Horse riding would be awesome, but fast horse riding, i think the horse riding on Oblivion is a tad bi too slow, but i think thats the nature of the game.

going to al the places like we saw in the films would be cool. like next to those massive statues.

I cant wait...I'll have to sell a game probably to get it though

Im sure shadowfax would show us the meaning of haste.

I'm looking forward to Minas Morgul, and a battle with the Witch-King of Angmar. Mmm...

"Do you not know Death when you see it, old man? This is my hour!"

Im sure shadowfax would show us the meaning of haste.

I love you so much.

If it plays exactly the same as Oblivion, but has a decent strength bow (esspecially elven bows), I'll be happy...

I want to be able to drop enemies at a distance in a single shot, like Legolas does in the second film against the Warg riders.

It would be cool if it followed the book's story/timeline (so you have time to do other mini-quests), but used the film's imagery, which down-right kicked arse.

Oh, and I'd better be able to get the two-handed sword's the elves have in the beginning of the first film...

Oh and I want to fight on horseback, and be able to detatch ememy limbs/heads.

That is all...

Sign in to follow this