N-Europe

Computer with Athlon 64 3700+ and 7600GT, any good?

For oblivion it should be fine. What graphics card are you going to get? Recommended specs for oblivinion (it's always good to be above these) are 1Gb RAM, at least 3Ghz Pentium 4 or equivalent (this you have so don't worry), and at least geforce 6800 or ati x800.

The specs of my new computer are: AMD® ATHLON® 64BIT 3700 (San Diego) 1MB, 256MB GEFORCE 7600GT PCI Express + DVI + TV-OUT, 2gig of ram.

So i think im alright :P

oh and bogbas can you help with my moniter that i ordered?

please go on http://www.hannsg.com then europe. then go on monitors then the HC194D.

will that monitor run games smoothly?

It wil run games smoothly. Monitors don't really affect game performance. It's the hardware (mainly RAM, CPU and grahics card) that affects the performance. On an old flat panel there might be some blur because the response times were much longer few years ago than they are now. But now pretty much every flat screen is 8-12ms response time.

And the long response time only would have been harmful if you played a lot of games that require fast reaction times (FPS, racing games). On RPG games it doesn't really make a difference.

But the blur is really a thing of the past in most cases. The monitor is good enough for everything you plan to use it.

Guest Jordan

7600GT is a reasonably powerful card, you shouldn't have much trouble running max settings at a lower resolution for games like Oblivion.

Try not to use such a random title and capitals in your next thread okay? :)

That PC is fine, it'll be damn good at playing the latest games for the next few months

That reminds me that I'm hating this "let's release a gfx card every month so that people always have obsolete shit" philosophy.

Ditto on that, though I find it the same with most comp hardware. I have a AMD Athlon 3200+, a GeForce 6800, 1GB (PC3200) RAM in my comp for about 7-8 months and it's already starting to struggle with a few games. I don't really have the cash to upgrade either. ¬¬

would i be alright to run half life 2? and black and white 2? becuase ive missed out on like 2 years of pc games becuase of this pc im on now (4 years old).

So i wanna catch up on what ive been missing. Im planning on getting, Fable, Oblivion, Halflife 2, black and white 2, sims 2, rollercoaster tycoon 3, and any others that people suggest *nudge nudge*

^^

EDIT: thanks Jordan for altering my title :P i will try to be more specific next time XD and the reason why its in caps is because i copied and pasted it from my order form. Sorry :P

Half life 2 two runs fine on geforce 2(lowest settings, it's a 6 year old gfx card) . It's very scalable and your PC will run it fine. And it will run any game pretty well and if it doesn't at full settings then just lower the settings.

Nah, your 7600Gt, Athlon 3700 and 2gigs of RAM will see you through nicely until you decide to upgrade to Vista. It'll play all the games I see in your list above quite nicely. I also redommend (if you haven't already) Rome:Total War, Dawn of War, FEAR, Doom 3 and Battlefield 2. I upgraded recently too - almost entirely for Medival: Total War 2! :D