N-Europe

raid volume degraded

Letty

ok, the last few weeks Ive been having a thing pop up in the corner of my computer every time it starts, saying my raid volume is degraded.

I dunno what on earth it means, but occasionally my com goes mental and freezes and blue screen of death etc, i dunno if it has anything to do with the raid volume, but its so annoying!!

I dont know much about that sort of thing, so any help at all would be great :)

RAIDDEGR.jpg

ok, the last few weeks Ive been having a thing pop up in the corner of my computer every time it starts, saying my raid volume is degraded.

I dunno what on earth it means, but occasionally my com goes mental and freezes and blue screen of death etc, i dunno if it has anything to do with the raid volume, but its so annoying!!

I dont know much about that sort of thing, so any help at all would be great :)

RAIDDEGR.jpg

Looks like your Raid Volume is fuckzored, you need to repair it. Normally there is a key to press at startup to enter the raid config menu, where you can repair it. Every computer differs in the key to be pressed, so I dont know what one you'd have.

Guest Jordan

If that doesn't do it, unplug all the power from the RAID'D HDD's then turn the PC on. Shut it down before windows boots then plug the power back in the HDD's.

It may seem abit stupid and random but it does actually work sometimes. But what JonSt said is probably the cause of the problem.