N-Europe

Help make godzbooka look more realistic

dabookerman

building.jpg

right this if for coursework, but im having problems, it dont look realistic, since im a giant, adding depth of field will make the picture look more dynamic and add a sence of realism, i screwed up the shadows as im using the shadows from the cars as a base (sun is directly above)

so yes any tips?

Well, for starters, you need to either start again and use smaller, harder brushes for erasing, as you've blurred a lot of your 'edges' (especially your arms and head) or try and sharpen some of them up.

Similarly, your shadow is way too blurry, best bet would be to duplicate the layer of your body, make it all black, blur it a tiny amount, put it beneath the layer of 'godzbooka', transform it to be small and squished and shadow-like and then significantly lower the opacity.

Also adjust the brightness/contrast of godzbooka to make him look more like he's out there in that sunlight :)

Save a few copies and try to work on new layers all the time, use adjustment layers to avoid 'destructive editing' (i.e., where you change a layer and can't put it back to how it was whenever you want) - and just keep working on it, avoid filters other than sharpening tools.

At the end I would add cracked ground, a smashed car, helicopters shooting you and a few screaming people :D

Like Shorty said, I would start everything over. If you're using photoshop, go to image>adjustments>brightness/contrast and play with it until you think it looks nice compared to the background layer, then duplicate you're layer, press ctrl+u and put it all black, then place that layer behind the original, move it so it looks like you're shadow and change the opacity, for a better effect try messing around with Edit>transform>perpective, you could also put some lightning effects and some shadow in the layer style but I don't think it would look so good.