NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dabookerman

Oooooh look at ONM with their accurate dates.

Now THAT is interesting,Rev before October 27th,yes please.Great find.If what they say is right,we will have the Revolution between mid september and mid October.They would need to review the games a couple of weeks before Issue release so I think therelease might be the 13th October.

oooo october would be soooo good. september would be even better.

id be in college by then so i dont care what time i go to bed. ill wake up for it the next morning or even i dont have to go to bed, i could...no wait will go to a midnight launch. then bask in its glory all night have a couple hours sleep then go college next morning.

As official Nintendo Magazine I have my doubts that they'd review the US/Japanese launch line-up because it encourages people to import and Nintendo don't want that. It is probable though that the launch will be sometime around that date.

Usually the launch line-up is reviewed by magazines a couple of weeks before launch, October 26th would suggest a mid November launch for Revolution.

We already know for a fact that it will be available before November 26th 2006 in the US, Nintendo have confirmed this. We also have been assured that it will launch worldwide, within a 14 week period in 2006 repatedly by Nintendo.

That leaves it wide open for a late November/December launch over here. It seems strange that they would specify such a particular date and leave such a huge hint.

If it's going to be launched here Nov/Dec then they wouldn't they say 'Preview' instead of 'Review'?

Since they'll no doubt review the revolution launch BEFORE its release, this can be entirely possible we'll see a november release,

Personally I think the idea of a postmodern loss of faith in doctors in society is ludicrous.

If there was such a loss of faith why do people return to GP surgeries every day? There is insufficient evidence for people taking alternative treatments to support the idea.

This being the official Nintendo magazine Nintendo would give them all the stuff they need prior to it (or during it) beind mass produced and if I were Nintendo I want the official magazine to be the first to review it. So at a guess, early November.

Personally I think the idea of a postmodern loss of faith in doctors in society is ludicrous.

If there was such a loss of faith why do people return to GP surgeries every day? There is insufficient evidence for people taking alternative treatments to support the idea.

WTF? (stupid character limit)

If it's going to be launched here Nov/Dec then they wouldn't they say 'Preview' instead of 'Review'?

Not really, there's normally a gap of about 2 weeks between the magazine reviews and the actual release, the only exception to that rule is when developers don't get their games to the reviewers in time - Which usually only happens with crap games.

For example - ONM this month, officially out on the 20th April.

The main reviews are Tetris DS (Out 21st April), Metroid Prime (Out 5th May), Pokemon Link! (Out 5th May) and Trauma Centre (Out 28th April).

If NOM launches 27th October then around 10th November would seem a reasonably solid guess for Revo launch. :)

best contribution award goes to

Ah right see your point there,show's how much I read magazine's.I'd say the release would be the 10th or 17th.

Ah right see your point there,show's how much I read magazine's.I'd say the release would be the 10th or 17th.

Yeah it would seem sensible - I'm not banking on it but I do think we will see the system launched in November here, or failing that early December. Nintendo really need to get it out, promote it and make it the system to have at christmas. A lot of parents may be more inclined to buy their kids a Revo as its a cheaper alternative to 360/PS3 and the christmas period could really give the Revo a chance to establish itself.

A strong launch line-up, good promotion, a competetive price and no system shortages and I don't see why they can't do it.

A strong launch line-up, good promotion, a competetive price and no system shortages and I don't see why they can't do it.

I think they will need some time to promote it and really get it noticed so people will buy it.That's what they need to do well.

Twilight Princess: October, Revolution: November. Please happen.

I remember a prediction I did in the Twilight Princess thread...it was something like

Zelda: October 27th

Rev: November 17th

Its looking more and more possible.

If I could get TP or Rev in Oct Dream ,Nov for Rev will still be good,hope there's good launch titles ready.

I think they will need some time to promote it and really get it noticed so people will buy it.That's what they need to do well.

Yeah, I think straight after E3 they need to start getting stores to promote it and ideally have demo pods in stores nationwide by September with a good variety of games. If it has a good presence in stores (And not just Game/Gamestation, I'm talking HMV, MVC, Virgin Megastores etc.) then people will sit up and take notice.

At the moment most people are clueless, the average joe hasn't heard of the Revolution and most I've explaiend it to think its a brilliant idea. Even usually knowledgeable staff in my local Gamestation seemed totally clueless, when I asked "When can I put my name down to pre-order a Revolution" I got the response that it'd either be christmas or next year. A solid date, price-point and launch line-up must be announced at E3 because the way the Gamecube was messed about in Europe (no launch date for ages, price keep changing, stores didn't have a clue till about two months before it came out) was a joke and I believe it practically killed the system before it launched.

They need to get people trying the Revolution because my feelings are that people will try it and love it, even if they wouldn't normally even think of playing one - Much like with the DS.

They're not gonna have a launch date at E3. E3'll just be the place where you can play some titles and demos and see trailers. Nintendo will probably have an event/press release a few months after E3 when all the real launch info will be revealed such as exact date, lineup, what'll be packed with the console etc.

Also, what was the "Zelda on revolution" info in this issue, is it just saying that zelda will be playable with the rev controller or is it something new?

Still a rough estimate wouldn't hurt,we will likely get told what some of the launch titles are.

They're not gonna have a launch date at E3. E3'll just be the place where you can play some titles and demos and see trailers. Nintendo will probably have an event/press release a few months after E3 when all the real launch info will be revealed such as exact date, lineup, what'll be packed with the console etc.

Also, what was the "Zelda on revolution" info in this issue, is it just saying that zelda will be playable with the rev controller or is it something new?

If the system is going to launch at the end of the year worldwide then it'd be suicide for Nintendo not to announce launch details and have the bulk of the launch line up fully playable.

With the cube they had almost every launch game shown in full and playable at the E3 before it launched and they announced release dates for the US and Japan, and the price and they even showed what the boxart would be like.

They've done the same with othe systems at E3 so I can't see the approach that they and all other developers have always done changing.

Hope they do that again,we really need a date.So far it's likely we will get told the launch titles.I think they will do the same as they done with the GC.

This only confirms a Q4 release this year. Magazines always to get to review a month or so beforehand, especially if it concerns big stuff like a console launch.

I'm sure they don't know about release dates, but that they're assuming they can review games by then.

Sign in to follow this