N-Europe

Wembley Stadium Delays : Round One, Fight!

Flaight

There has been a big delay in the construction of Wembley Stadium. Surprise surprise! :indeed:

And now there is a row between Multiplex (builders) and Wembley National Stadium Limited (WNSL - it's basically the england Football Association side). Multiplex signed a contract for a fixed price. For delays, Multiplex must pay out £140,000 per day as a penalty. Well done to the FA, I think it's a sweet deal in this era when nothing is done on time and usually the estimate is never met. Also, the stadium as it stands has already gone over-budget on Multiplex side. The FA needn't pay anything though.

Now Wembley builders deny delay blame, by saying that design changes mean that a delay is bound to occur. DUH! is all I can say to that, they should've taken that into consideration when writing up the contract, surely? The contract should reflect such issues in the first place and it's rather lame to see them trying to wiggle out of it now. Cut long story short, basically Multiplex is claiming that the contract is void because of design changes, but apparently the design changes were submitted to the FA by Multiplex. :o

To me, it's turning out to be a sadly stupid story, so stupid I doubt you would even find such a plot in a soap opera. More details may emerge later on, but it comes across that Multiplex cocked it up.

What do you think lads?