NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
reaper673

Home Cinema Computer

Hey all, I need a little help...

Recently, I decided to make a home cinema system (projector, amplifier etc) and was wondering, what is the best media PC for such a set up? I have tons of movies and music on my hard drive and wanted an easy way to put it all on the screen- a media PC.

I am currently thinking mac mini because its small, cheap and mac (Ive always wanted one). But I really would like any input from you guys about a better one.

Thanks

I've heard good things about mythtv which is for linux. Just don't get windows media center edition.

all you really need, is a big HDD, a DVD drive and a remote. As for the OS mythtv would be fine.

Go for a Mini, they're built (the new ones) for what you're wanting to do and with Front Row (with Bonjour) you can't go wrong. You can show the remote off at a party....

Go for a Mini, they're built (the new ones) for what you're wanting to do and with Front Row (with Bonjour) you can't go wrong. You can show the remote off at a party....

That would be a rockin' party! :heh:

You have quite a few options for this:

1, Buy a PC with Windows MCE on it (this is usually damn expensive)

2, Buy a set top box with Windows MCE on it and you can usually get TV on these too.

3, Buy a Mac and

burn in hell

Nah, a Mac is probably the cheapest option and to be honest Windows Vista with MCE looks pretty nasty compared to the one in XP.

4. Build your own pc and install mythtv on it. This could actually be cheaper than buying a mac. Although it might be hard to find a proper case for it.

Sign in to follow this