N-Europe

V

knightendo

been watching the "V" mini-series on sci-fi on friday nights and i have to say i'm loving it all over again! and thought it'd make for a good discussion... any other fans out there? :)

i remember when it was first on in the early 80's it was the only night i was allowed up late (lol) and it was the ONLY programme on tv that brought the whole family together - myself, my brother, my three sisters, both my folks!! no other show has ever done that! yes, there was knight rider, baywatch, a-team etc but they were always on at dinner time so it was more coincidence that we were all there... V was through choice!

with all this talk of nintendo crossing boundaries and bringing in people who don't like games, watching V reminds me that it was a sci-fi show that transceded boundaries too! no one in my family liked sci-fi apart from my brother and i but we were all addicted to V!

the first two-part mini-series, and the Final Battle three-part mini-series rocked! originally intended to be about the holocaust the whole idea was changed to appeal to a broader audience and i think it was beautifully written and acted, with parallels to the holocaust hauntingly obvious and very believeable.

such a shame that warners thought they'd milk the cash cow with the awful follow-up weekly show... but i'll ignore that ;)

I think i remember this programme, is it where Aliens come down and ask for our help but really they have a secret masterplan to take over? They look like humans but under their shell they are some scary creatures..

If that's not V then what the hell kinda programme am i remembering!?!

lol, that's the one, they were lizards underneath. have to say, nearly all of its ideas have been stolen since it was first broadcast, stolen by both other shows and big movies! the two mini-series were absolutely superb and well worth hunting down on dvd... just ignore the weekly series however!