N-Europe

ACER 1524 W/LAN Laptop Problem!

Supercube

Hi everyone, I rarely have to ask for help or advise but I only got into Laptops last year and the one I got has an internal wireless transceiver system which has worked fine every day for months. Just recently though, it stopped altogether and the connection disappeared from my network connections page. Fortunately, I had recently got a Netgear router with a free USB device for wireless access and have been using that for now. I got in touch with ACER but they are saying I need to try a system resore to check if the software is playing up.

What I would like to know is, is there anything else I could try first to check for a fault as I have looked in the device manager and it's not there anymore, under internet adapters; W/LAN mini PCI card is its name I believe. Any suggestions would be gratefully received! I've changed the boot-up sequence to start at the DVD drive first instead of the hard drive too.

If it is not even appearing in device manager, it would appear that the mini pci card has come unstuck. I ahave seen this happen before, normally it is just a case of opening it up and popping the card back in properly to the slot.