NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Smowza

Stand is the power supply?

Revolution power supply definitive post

But it already has a perfectly fine cable based power supply detailed in the system.

What do you think is cheaper, safer, easier to engineer, easier to set up.. what people are used to?

A docking station or a simple cable you plug into the system and it works just like every other electronic in the house.

000431309_0001_4_source.jpg

patent images can be found here: http://oami.eu.int/bulletin/rcd/2006/2006_012/000431309_0001.htm (also note how the patent includes the console's stand but the images show no ports what-so-ever. my conclusion? the stand's design has been patented with the console but is just a design piece of plastic for console stability)

There is a figure of 8 AC power supply there, AC is compliant with plug sockets which means the system will plug directly into the wall vertically or horizontally.

Are you still going to argue with the patent? Or are you still adamant of your fanatasy world where there is some magic wireless electricity transfer between the stand and the system.

There's feet so it can be used without the stand if you don't like it. presuming they do bundle it with the system for free as we expected from TGS.

You're all so deluded. (except those who don't buy this crap)

If you still can't imagine what this thing will look like here's a picture:

P22139-1.jpg

From. the. wall. to. the. console. just. like. a. PS2/1.

I beg of you to post this on other forums, show your friends and finally get rid of this crappy ass rumour going around that the stand is a power supply.

Future publishing? more Fabricated publishing.

Revolution power supply definitive post

But it already has a perfectly fine cable based power supply detailed in the system.

What do you think is cheaper, safer, easier to engineer, easier to set up.. what people are used to?

A docking station or a simple cable you plug into the system and it works just like every other electronic in the house.

000431309_0001_4_source.jpg

patent images can be found here: http://oami.eu.int/bulletin/rcd/2006/2006_012/000431309_0001.htm (also note how the patent includes the console's stand but the images show no ports what-so-ever. my conclusion? the stand's design has been patented with the console but is just a design piece of plastic for console stability)

There is a figure of 8 AC power supply there, AC is compliant with plug sockets which means the system will plug directly into the wall vertically or horizontally.

Are you still going to argue with the patent? Or are you still adamant of your fanatasy world where there is some magic wireless electricity transfer between the stand and the system.

There's feet so it can be used without the stand if you don't like it. presuming they do bundle it with the system for free as we expected from TGS.

You're all so deluded. (except those who don't buy this crap)

If you still can't imagine what this thing will look like here's a picture:

P22139-1.jpg

From. the. wall. to. the. console. just. like. a. PS2/1.

I beg of you to post this on other forums, show your friends and finally get rid of this crappy ass rumour going around that the stand is a power supply.

Future publishing? more Fabricated publishing.

i must get back to lab and find some crazy way to make electricity fly for hours.

future publishing may have been misinformed by accident by nintendo, or it could have been an early suggestion before the patent, or one they are still considering or changing... who knows. i don't think it's right to bash the entire magazine, they're official so all news comes from the big N.

the original NOM was so inaccurate i often wondered if nintendo were bothering with them at all anymore!

Yeah the rest of the magazine seemed solid.. Nintendo of Europe has only released 1 piece of information.

One that Revolution will be hear in 2006. via a press card

They're clearly not being kept in the loop much about Revolution.. perhaps with our ****king 2 million copies of Nintendogs they'll start considering us as a priority in the industry and get games here quicker.

Well that's a relief, didn't see any point in that.

What 'theory' is next?

Carefull you're becomming overconfident :heh:

Oh look they didn't announce anything about a power plug.

Hmmm....

*thinking*

What if...

THE REVOLUTION USES NO POWER

OMG lolz

Hahaha, yeah it runs on your self satisfaction that you're saving the environment.

Comes with a hand cranked modem that you must use to use Nintendo live.

By the way ram is not included so you must transload the line frequencies into ASCII then onload that onto your brain's memory.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/Kschreck19/BackOfStand.jpg

also, in the TGS unveling of the rev controller, in the end, the Revolution is sitting on a table and is clearly on as the light is shinning, yet there is no apparent cable. Battery? Its most likely just for presentation, but who knows.

The Revolution was just an empty box at TGS. If there was a battery it was an AAA Duracell battery used to power a tiny blue LED.

Wait i'm lost. :confused:

Is the power supply (the big box that is on the gamecube power wire) on the inside or the outside of the revolution because that plug-in wire that you have in that picture Nintendork doesn't have a power supply on it.

Considering the Revolution is a very small console similar to the Gamecube which saved space by having the power supply on the outside of the console wouldn't it make sense for the revolution to have the power supply on the outside aswell?

THIS IS MORE CONFUSING THAN THE ENDING OF METAL GEAR SOLID 2!!!!

SPONG confirmed this is BS btw. cant be arsed to read thread, so apologies peeps if this has already been stated.

i doubt the AC is built in, but the pic i posted before clearly enables the Rev to be plugged in when in the stand.

that article's use of the term "power brick" is a bit uncalled for! it woulda hidden the power tranformer, so if nintendo HAD have gone with the idea it woulda been so much better than the thing microsoft came out with!!

it will probably have a small box in the cable like the cube did.

No need for a small box, it's AC.

Those boxes are only required for DC hardware, like a mobile phone or a laptop.. primarily things with fast charge or high usage.

The 'small box' that came with the gamecube is actually built into the system effectively, it's quite impressive if you ask me that it's gonna be a single cable from the plug socket.

It would also explain why there's a fan on the bottom of the system just near to the power supply unit and one above it.

Mobile phones and laptops are designed to be smaller, AC ports are quite large and to have the AC to DC converter built into a phone or laptop would raise weight and size. So they use DC instead, direct current goes straight into the battery and it's a smaller single port directly transferring electricity.

It's gonna be sleek I tell thee, real easy to move around the house because AC cables are really cheap and easy to find, often being the same for each console.

I've got 2 PS1/2 AC cables that will fit the Revolution, so I can have it set up ready at every room in the house :)

Sign in to follow this