Julius Posted Wednesday at 01:56 PM Posted Wednesday at 01:56 PM (edited) OH MY GOD EXCLUSIVE ON SWITCH 2 HOW DID THEY SWING THIS?! Edited Wednesday at 04:03 PM by Julius
Julius Posted Wednesday at 03:11 PM Author Posted Wednesday at 03:11 PM I totally missed that this was multiplayer! Or seems to be more so than your typical From game... Quote The moontears will flow for one and one alone when The Duskbloods, a brand-new multiplayer game by FromSoftware, is coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch 2 in 2026!
Julius Posted Wednesday at 03:13 PM Author Posted Wednesday at 03:13 PM Hmm. Hurts this isn't a single-player focused game. Quote Developed for the upcoming Nintendo Switch 2; 'THE DUSKBLOODS' is a PvPvE title with online multiplayer at its core, where up to 8 players vie for supremacy among themselves and against challenging foes. Play as the "Bloodsworn"; a group that has transcended human strength thanks to their special blood, and throw yourself into a violent fray for "First Blood" as the twilight of humanity approaches. Where the hell is my next Armored Core..?
Julius Posted Friday at 01:07 PM Author Posted Friday at 01:07 PM (edited) Creator's Voice interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki now up on the Japanese Nintendo site – official English translation seems to be coming tomorrow. I'll have a scan through and grab and and share any juicier bits shortly! Edited Friday at 01:21 PM by Julius
Dcubed Posted Friday at 01:27 PM Posted Friday at 01:27 PM It's an online only multiplayer game? Damn, that takes a lot of the sheen off of this announcement. Nintendo got done dirty.
Julius Posted Friday at 01:37 PM Author Posted Friday at 01:37 PM (edited) So apparently the interview is up on English sites, too: Part 1: Blood by Dusk, Part 2: Superhuman abilities and opportunistic behaviours, Part 3: Playing roles and altering fates. Maybe the 5th was for Nintendo AU or something? Ah well, still reading through anyways 3 hours ago, Dcubed said: It's an online only multiplayer game? Damn, that takes a lot of the sheen off of this announcement. Nintendo got done dirty. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed this isn't single-player, because unless an Armored Core releases by the end of next year (which is very possible, but it's also completely MIA) we're looking at 2027 at the earliest for From's next single-player game (5 years from the initial launch of their last Soulsborne-adjacent project in Elden Ring, and 4 years since Armored Core VI). It was hinted at a bit in the trailer - all those different characters - but those also easily could've been NPCs or bosses, so On the other hand, it's still directed by Miyazaki (whereas Nightreign is not), and this seems like something he wanted to from what I've read of the interview so far. Seems it has some super intriguing mechanic ideas for multiplayer. Plus, having played Nightreign, that game was surprisingly fun and moreish – I'd imagine a Miyazaki-directed multiplayer-focused game would be even more so. I guess more concerning to me is that this is From, who don't offer the greatest or easiest to access multiplayer experiences, teaming up with Nintendo...who don't necessarily have the greatest history of online games. Could change with the Switch 2, of course, but that combo in particular is what's giving me most reason to pause for now. Edited Friday at 04:33 PM by Julius
Recommended Posts