NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Star Trek: Legacy

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/startreklegacy/news.html?sid=6144009

Anyone interested in this game?

Its sort-of a new Amarda game, but with battles in 3D.

I, as a Star Trek fan, will only get this game if it is moddable. Main reason - the ships in this game are just ugly models (for example, the Nebula Class is totally wrong...even i have a better version of one).

I've seen all the models close up (i have them in Star Trek: Bridge Commander, and were made by a modder known as P81), and they are just not canon or good-looking, and have all been totally outdone by other modders.

Basically, this means that a 3-year-old game modified by amatures looks a LOT better than a brand-new game.

I jsut hope the actual gameplay is good, then i can convert decent-looking ships into the game.

Is this like homeworld? I'm not getting my hopes for good strategy game up knowing the quality of previous games...

If you're such a trek fan, you might want to see a trek parody movie Starwreck: In the pirkinning it's quite good for an amateur scifi movie. The acting is a bit off but it makes up for it in the humor.

And aren't one of the points in developing a mod to make the original game better? for example Half-life --> CS and Operation flashpoint --> FDF mod.

The ship models are indeed not good. Except for some effects modded Bridge Commander ships look a lot better and with NanoFX2 they almost have the same effects quality.

I hope they improve the models and ship graphics because the concept itself looks promising, commanding multiple ships and such (reminds me a bit of Battalion Wars, which im playing at the moment).

Sign in to follow this