N-Europe

building a pc

dabookerman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i have decided to go for the ati model, as it wouldnt make sense for getting ati graphics card on an sli mobo.

how about that

It would make perfet sense actually. Unless you are going to be using crossfire, you might as well go for a mobo with the best chipset. At the moment that is argubaly nvidia.

It would make perfet sense actually. Unless you are going to be using crossfire, you might as well go for a mobo with the best chipset. At the moment that is argubaly nvidia.

Oh I've got the impression that the new ati chipset is better than nforce... And yes it's a bit hard to decide, because if you're not using crossfire in the first place it will be hard to find the crossfire cards in the future.

Oh I've got the impression that the new ati chipset is better than nforce... And yes it's a bit hard to decide, because if you're not using crossfire in the first place it will be hard to find the crossfire cards in the future.

exactly, i wont be using crossfire now, but in a years time who knows. i only ever intend to update the graphics once my pc is done.

well if you mean the brand new ati chipset that isn't even out yet, then yea, it is suppose to bring ati upto the level of nvidia, supposely it is very good for overclocks. But it's usb and firewire performance is still not at the nvidia level. You really need to decide if you are going to be usning multi gpu's or not

well if you mean the brand new ati chipset that isn't even out yet, then yea, it is suppose to bring ati upto the level of nvidia, supposely it is very good for overclocks. But it's usb and firewire performance is still not at the nvidia level. You really need to decide if you are going to be usning multi gpu's or not

Well I haven''t actually really given much thought to USB and firewire performance... To me it's enough that they work. I was just looking at the game performance benchmarks in games for those boards.

uhhh......isnt the x1900 a dual slot card? tha x1800 was. also in some mag they showed that there was a decrease in performance (only a bit) with 2G of RAM over 1G, but it doesnt really matter much.

The x1900 is a dual slot card, likt the x1800

• 2 weeks later...

ok sorry for bumping.

but so far i got:

case

monitor

cpu

mobo (a8r-mvp - very happy with it)

now i need a psu to replace the one included with the case, now it needs to be over 450 watts. i was thinking of this one

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=17047661663&action=c2VsZWN0X3Byb2R1Y3Rfb3ZlcnZpZXc=&product_uid=98566

if anyone has any suggestions please tell. altho i dont want to spend more then...£50-60 lets say. my bank has suffered tremendously as it goes

oh, and misco have the x1900 aiw for £340. no other shop has it, if no other one have it in 3 weeks, i will have to buy it off them :(