>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

EDIT: No, seriously, it keeps turning off... I think its something to do with the processor overheating because they're bunged up with crap. The model is a Toshiba satellite A30. I've tried to open up the processor bit to get at the fans, and although I can undo the screws, the cover still stays on and it's quite flimsy, so I don't want to tug on it in case it breaks.

Any help?

You probably need to apply some force to it, but not so that it breaks. Try to find out where are the places that keeps the cover in place. There's probably some sort of clips there. And are you sure you've taken every screw out? There might be some stickers over some screw holes. My friend had a similar problem yesterday, he found that there was a plastic cover, inside of which was the last screw that hold the cover.

This may sound stupid, but grab a vacuum and once ur lappy has cooled down use the pipe sucker thingy and clean the vent on the underside on the right, and the grill bit at the back.

Works wonders, well it did with my Toshiba laptop. Or if you want to go one step futher then go get some compressed air and use that with the old vacuum trick.

What processor have you got in the laptop?

Well, I took off a sticker, yet I uncovered no screws...

I'm goona try and vacuum it, but unfortunately I've run out of air blower thingy. As for the processor, I don't know, but it's pentium 4 (I may be able to find out).

Nah I don't need to buy anything, I can already tell the temperature with my hand- it stops when it reaches about 70 C.

Actually, I had a go at hoovering it, but it's no better.

I reckon you should just send it off to the manufacturer to look at, or take it back to the shop.

As long as you not having it on your lap/table so that the fan is obscured, or its got damaged (could that be possible?) it should be working fine.

aww damn thats no good, the only option really is to send it off to be fixed. Tbh, messing round and pulling parts out probably wont help things.

aww damn thats no good, the only option really is to send it off to be fixed. Tbh, messing round and pulling parts out probably wont help things.

That's where you're wrong... after hoovering it didn't work, I finally managed to get the processor cover open (it just needed a wiggle) and I took out the heat sink, airsprayed it, airsprayed the processor and all the fans, removed the thermal grease on the processor, replaced it with new grease, and put everything back together...

And now it works as good as new! :grin:

Sign in to follow this