NEurope
Edjamakated

Could a PortableGC be coming more likely? (this is my own thought)

I think GBA2 will most likely be announced next year, it may be mentioned that the next gameboy is in development (like the revo was mentioned E3 2k4) but I doubt we will see it. looking at hardware being shown in full prior to release

DS (2004) revo (2006)

if the GBA 2 is shown 2008, that spaces nicely, DS2 in 2010, revo2 in 2012, gba3 2014.

nicely spaces machines out, so nintendo get new revenue every two years, while only updating individual hardware types in a way that renders prior hardware redundant every 6 years.

that would bring a level of stability to the company, regular new releases without affecting users (look at the life span of the nes through to the cube, 6 years sounds right.)

so it explains the pillar statement to me.

Releasing a new console every two years is a very nice plan. It means a lifespan of each console of 6 years and constant competition for Sony and Microsoft. It might strain the handheld market too much though.

looking at the gba and ds situation, it looks sustainable enough, the gba2 would more likely place the strain on the PSP than the DS, which would only be a good thing for Nintendo.

isn't it possible that the next gameboy wont use carts or disc's?

Just download games for it through the Rev or an iTunes like system... an ipod can hold what... 60gig? or even more? and the're not very big at all.. nintendo should actually join forces with apple on a portable system and make it an ipod gameboy or a gameboy ipod.. that would be unstoppable.

If you look at the amount of effort sony has put in to stop Apple and it's ipod, they haven't even made a dent in ipod's armour. Nintendo havent really tried apart from making the play yan but you can't tell me that lots of effort was put into that. If you look at the rev and the ds:lite, they are looking more and more like one of apple probuct's, Nintendo would be very smart to join forces with apple on either the next gameboy or something else. IMO btw

It would be logical to prosume, the next gba will have the power of the cube, think about it. nes=gameboy (ish), snes=gba, n64=ds, gba2=cube?