N-Europe

Fuze 4

Sméagol

It's another programming.. program. Has been delayed but now has a releasedate: 31-05-2019.

Being brand loyal I'm waiting still waiting for Petit Computer, but that has also been delayed, and then you still have to wait for a western release. I think they both have their place though, along with RPG Maker MV. This one seems to be the most ambitious judging from the tech demo.

I suspect they all 3 cater to different audiences:

RPG maker MV is for beginners who don't want to to any coding or editing (I think they removed all the sprite and script editors for the console versions), and just want to create a RPG or adventure game using in-game assets.

Petit Computer is for advanced players who want to learn to code. You need to code but it's still basic.

Fuse 4 for even more advanced players, code seems more complex, and while you can do 3D in Petit Computer, this has a bigger fopcus on 3D. Plus there are still seemingly a ton of in-game assets to use, along with the option of creating your own 2D and 3D stuff.

Edited by Sméagol

Hmm then maybe I'll get Fuze 4 to tide me over until Petit Computer 4, to tide me over until the ZX Spectrum Next comes out in that case. :p

And in the meantime, I'll resurrect my good old Amstrad 6128+ which I got a new scart cable and power adapter for a little while back, hope it still works.

• Weird 1

• 8 months later...

This one had a huge price drop at the start of the month. I forgot what I payed for it, but apparently (I can't check), it's 15 euros or 13 pounds right now.

Unfortunately I haven't done much with it apart from testing it out (with a USB keyboard), too busy with Mario maker and other games. Though theoretically I could make Mario levels with this, but without the restrictions of Mario maker..

That said, there are plenty of options and functionality. I'm not fond of the sprite editor for what little experience I have with it, but the tutorials are great and cover the basics of programming in a fun way.