NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Path of Exile

YEEEEES,

Been waiting for this to come to PS4 for a looong tame. I've played it for a couple of hours on PC a few of years ago and thought it was amazing.

It's a F2P game but apparently one done well (i.e. only cosmetic, except for upgrades to certain stashes which you don't really need during the first 100 hours, I've read). 

Looks like I've found my Christmas game :D 

Also: Perfect timing to announce this right after Blizzard's fuck up :laughing: 

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

This game is the only reason I even have an interest in Diablo 3 on Switch. If they ported this to Switch I'm in. I would reinstall it on Steam, but I'm not sure my PC can handle the numerous updates it's gotten.

I used to play the ehh, the one that controls the zombies and skeletons.

It's also too bad they don't incorporate all the elements of their experimental leagues. When I was playing they had a few cool ones that are not in the game anymore as far as I know. One of them was where stonger enemies would appear from portals, and more would appear until you defeated some kind of miniboss.

I played this for a few hours when it first released on PC and really enjoyed how it felt more like Diablo 2 than Diablo 3 did. Will definitely pick this up. 

When we announced Path of Exile for PlayStation 4 earlier this month, we indicated we were aiming for a December release. Unfortunately, we have had to revise this to early February. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience this causes, because we know there are many players looking forward to this release. 

We underestimated the amount of work it would take to finish the certification process during the busy Christmas period. While we hope to have everything ready in January, we feel a lot more comfortable promising early February as a target release window. This will also give us time to work on game performance/frame rate, which we feel could be improved before release. 

Again, we're very sorry about this. We understand that many PlayStation users were keen to play Betrayal over Christmas and have been eagerly awaiting release date news. We promise that Path of Exile will be awesome on PlayStation 4 when it is released early next year.

We are excited to announce that Path of Exile and our latest expansion, Synthesis, will be coming to PlayStation 4 on March 26th PDT. Tell your friends! We'll have more information about what to expect from launch as we get closer to the date. In the meantime, we're so excited to be bringing Path of Exile to our already-growing PlayStation community!

Finally :D 

It does, however, release at a very unfortunate time for me as I will be busy during the final week of March :( Guess I'll have to use the weekend and the first few days of April to dive into it and see if it's a game that I'll play for a long time.

Quick reminder for anyone who's interested: the game will release at midnight tonight. 

Played this for a bit and holy hell, it seems complex :D But so far, it's given me everything I want. It's pretty much Diablo II but with much deeper mechanics. Love it.

Reached level 15 with my first character and finished Act 1.

The game got me hooked. Gameplay is fast, smooth and hella fun. Navigation through menus can use some work, other than that the port is great.

Started a new character.

I'm using a build guide, trying to follow the story and slowly working through the game and trying to understand the mechanics. It's all very complex but quite interesting. Haven't had this much fun figuring things out in a game since Diablo II :D

Path of Exile and Apex Legends are keeping me away from every other game and I don't mind. These two are just too good.

Looks like I'm the only one playing this :p 

Reached level 50 last night. Things are getting more and more difficult as my resistances have been lowered after something. Looks like I have to look for better gear to alleviate the problem. 

There are sooooo many mechanics. I've neglected pretty much all of them just to play through the story. I'm about halfway through, if the amount of acts serve as good indicator (finished 5  out of 10). Already looking forward to the endgame.

Sign in to follow this