NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Marshmellow

CD Audio

Alright i just need some help setting up the onboard sound card and the pci sound card so they both are connected to my dvd drives. I know you use that little 4 pin cable usually to connect the audio for one of the drives, and a sound card. But my mobo and sound card both have a little plug in thingy. Plus i have two possibly three dvd burner drives. So how would i connect 2 or 3 SONY 16x DVD±RW DUAL LAYER BURNER DVDRW to a sound card and my mobo? Would i need to set them so ones the Master and one or two are slaves? thanx

Well you could try enabling digital cd audio for the drives (no need for cables) right click my computer, select properties, select the tab "devices", and click "device manager". Then you should see your cd/dvd drives at the top. Right click on one and select properties. Then go to the tab "properties", there is "digital cd playback" check the box that says " use digital cd-audio on this device". Repeat the process for other cd/dvd drives.

I'm not sure if all of those were translated properly, but I think they're close enough :) And why do you use an onboard sound chip when you have a proper sound card? From my experience that causes a lot of problems...

Sign in to follow this