N-Europe

Flinthook (PC/PS4/XB1)

drahkon

Description

Flinthook is a fast action-platformer with “roguelike” elements. Become space’s greatest pirate with your hookshot, pistol and slowmo powers!

Features

• Zip around with your mighty hookshot! Aim freely and toss your giant anchor at golden rings to propel yourself around the levels at high speeds, giving you the agility and swiftness needed to dodge hazards and enemy bullets.
  • Shoot in 360’ through your Blasma Pistol! Take down all sorts of enemies with fresh hot bullets!
  • Look really cool with slow-motion powers! Slow down time to adjust your aim or pull off a tight stunt - do it often, it recharges real quickly and it makes you at least 200% cooler.
  • Blast through randomly-assembled pirate spaceships! Each level is special, as ships are procedurally built from hundreds of hand-crafted rooms, modified by various variants, filled with extraordinary treasure and populated by random waves of enemies.
  • Hunt down the pirate lords of the Cluster Clan! Feed your compass creature to pinpoint the bosses’ location, then take them down and bring your bounty home. Your rivals are no space chumps, make sure you’re ready for the challenge!
  • Collect rare relics and powerful perk cards! All the treasure you loot builds up your legend - unlock new equippable perks as you level up, buy permanent upgrades in the Black Market, and hoard collectible relics and lore pages!
  • Uncover some mysterious secrets?! I don’t know, are there secrets in this game? O_O

It's 13.49€ on the PSN store (or the UK equivalent).

I beat the first boss on my first try but it was a close call :D

Love the movement mechanics. You move and you aim your hook with the left stick. R2 extends the hook letting you grapple around the room which makes platforming sections and combat so much fun.

Your weapon also shoots in the direction you aim, which is a little odd. Having the left stick work for your shooting is something to get used to but it works. However, I'd like to see an option to make aiming your weapon possible with the right stick in a future patch.

The game is very fun so far (after about 40 minutes). Could become something I'll play for a very long time, especially if the devs decide to add more levels/bosses/items later on - hopefully via free updates at first; but if the games keeps me hooked I'll gladly pay for additional content.

So...this game is fucking awesome!

After I raided the first boss I started another run to beat him again. Some of the platforming rooms are quite difficult to get through without taking a hit. After hitting the same obstacle 5 times in a row in one room I paused the game, stared at my hands and said to myself: "Dude...what the fuck are you doing?" :laughing:

Still managed to finish that raid : peace:

What came next? An attempt to reach the second boss. I failed quickly. The rooms became even more difficult...

Love this game. :D