NEurope
Strange Cookie

Lego City: Undercover (Switch)

That's a much bigger upgrade over the Wii U version than I thought! Very impressive! Switch is almost on par with the PS4 here (and even has some minor advantages in docked mode!) and well ahead of Wii U. Good to see :)

Also it's interesting to see that the Switch version actually runs in a higher resolution than the Xbone version.

Had sort of planned to get to this around a year ago when I was hoping to develop some open-world chops for TotK. Didn't happen so I'm on it now for something different.

Enjoying it a lot. It's great fun. Brimming with personality. It's like Police Academy, Hot Shots and plenty more rolled in. I like that it drops you in whether you have knowledge or not of what transpired previously and has the confidence to unabashedly bring you up to speed and make sure you get on board with what's going down. 

As an open-world game, it's going well for me. It tells you clearly where to head next and makes sure to nudge you in that direction every so often. I find myself poking around and going on little detours (mostly to find I don't have the required ability yet) but it's still fun to nosey around and doesn't take you too far out of your way. Probably helps that you're always getting blocks so it never feels like time wasted going on these little excursions. I'll admit I've been getting a sinking feeling in my stomach each time I've been sent to a new part of the map because I don't really want to comb through the length and breadth of all these areas as it's becoming a lot to hold in my head, but so far it seems grand if you just hit the story objectives and ignore the rest as you please. As long as it stays like this without becoming overwhelming or so big it's a chore to get from one spot to the next, I think I'm in for a good time. In fact, it's already in the "have I really been on this an hour already?" category so it must be doing plenty right.

Reminds me of Burnout Paradise at times. Which I don't know if that says more about the game than it does about what I know about this genre.

Minor gripe is the initial load time and the camera control is back to front for my tastes. Yes, I've driven the train. And loved it.

• Like 2