N-Europe

Do you know what you're doing?

Ashley

I have a loose plan, but I think it's the things you don't plan that make life great, so I'm not too dedicated to it.

Back in my mid 20's, I made a plan, which was get girlfriend, save money, get a house with said girlfriend. It was probably my most solid plan and it worked quite well. It's not been exactly as planned, but the main steps were on point. The only place it went a bit off plan was when we ended up living together with my parents for a few years. That was mainly due to me meeting her whilst she was at uni and moving back to Bristol, 2 hours away. We did the long distance thing for a bit, then she moved in with me, allowing us to save for a house. All in all, it worked out pretty well.

As for the future, I have no idea really. I want to continue my Graphic Design career, but I'm not exactly sure how. Other than applying for better jobs, I don't really have a plan. I have little desire to be a manager or anything, so I guess I just keep plodding along as a regular designer, just maybe for different companies/sectors to keep things interesting.

I have various side projects, such as the YouTube channel and my photography (weddings and events mainly), but none of them are really viable careers, seeing as freelance photography is dying due to everyone having a camera now and the YouTube thing being a one in a million chance of becoming big enough to support me. I keep doing them because I love doing it and if I give up, there's zero chance of doing something with them.