N-Europe

Off-TV Play

Ashley

How often do you use it?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you use it?

• Use it exclusively
    • Use it if TV is unavailable
    • Use it sometimes if TV is unavailable (other times don't bother playing)
    • Every now and then
    • Tried it a few times
    • Never

I think it'd be a real shame to lose the gamepad, or at least the 2nd screen. Although I don't have a working TV and play games through a monitor, I still often use the gamepad in bed etc, or if my girlfriend is surfing the net. I think it's added more to Nintendo games than the Wiimote did, and coupled with the DS I think losing the touchscreen would be a step backwards, even if not all games use it.

I'd prefer for them to use their next handheld for off-TV play. It gives an extra incentive for people to own both systems, especially if it opens up the possibility of other exclusive content such as downloadable Wii U software, whilst allowing for a less expensive 'standard' controller for the main NX system that everyone will be able to use for all NX games, be it a 'traditional' pad or something new :hehe:

Edited by nekunando

• 2 weeks later...

It's been over a week since I posted in this thread but I forgot to mention previously that one of the things that limits my use of the feature is the fact that there are certain games where I prefer to play with alternative control methods.

In Yoshi's Woolly World, for example, I feel that the game is made so much better when playing with the Wii Remote on its side and using tilt to aim eggs quickly. In fact, it's probably one of the reasons why Woolly World is by far my favourite Yoshi platformer :grin:

I also prefer to play Pikmin 3 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze with the Wii Remote & Nunchuk with the latter, in particular, not feeling as natural to me with traditional controls. I think that's lagely down to having different buttons to run, roll and grab rather than having it all on 'Y' like the original trilogy.. plus I got used to the Wii Remote & Nunchuk in Donkey Kong Country: Returns on Wii :heh: