NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
nekunando

Worth upgrading PS2 collection to HD remakes on PS3?

I just happened to be browsing the PlayStation Store a couple of days ago and noticed the Splinter Cell HD trilogy available to download for about £5. I have all 3 on Gamecube but have only completed the first and played a little of the way through Pandora Tomorrow. For whatever reason, though, any time I go to play any of them it sounds like my console is going to eat the discs :eek: It must be whatever way they're made as it only happens with a few games.. ::shrug:

Anyway, for the price, I'm seriously tempted to get the trilogy downloaded to enjoy it more conveniently on the PS3. Is that a good idea..?

It also got me thinking about a couple of other games in my Gamecube collection and basically my entire PS2 library. Is it worth upgrading the Prince of Persia trilogy from GC to PS3? My PS2 games include Devil May Cry, God of War, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Silent Hill 2 and 3. All of these can be upgraded, I think, so would anyone recommend it?

In reality, I only ever really play my PS2 these days for Pro Evolution Soccer 6 so not really sure where the console fits in, in the grand scheme of things. GTA III could be downloaded from PSN but stuff like Gitaroo Man, Outrun 2006 and Onimusha wouldn't be playable elsewhere if I did somehow find myself putting my PS2 out of commission. Hmm...

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this but yourself!

If it's more convenient, or you think you will definitely want to play those titles and put your PS2 away, then sure. They upscale nicely and work fine, things like saving are generally faster and the system runs (or should run) quieter than the PS2. On the other hand, the PS3 is already last-gen and there's no way to know for sure that those PS2 titles will ever be playable on future systems. Years down the line you will just have some digital games floating around in cyberspace that you will forget about/never be able to play.

Sign in to follow this