NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Oliver & Spike: Dimension Jumpers

Just saw this game thanks to @Lens of Truths list of potential Indie games coming to the Wii U in the e-shop thread.

Looks fantastic I think!

The dimension jumping concept looks to be a lot of fun, and cleverly implemented to solve puzzles and traverse the environment. The developer also explains you need to collect crystals to perform dimension jumps, unlike in the demo footage where they've got that turned off, so on the main game you'll have to think things through and not be able to just spam it.

Playing as Spike FTW! :D

They're looking to bring it to consoles via digital download and for a developer to help them fund the rest of the project, and depending on who it may be exclusive to a console for a period of time.

But Nintendo should step in and grab this as a potential new franchise! It has a really charming Banjo-Kazooie feel to it IMO with the world design and the two playable characters, one of which resides in your backpack :)

Maybe even buy then as a new studio and nurture them, as they seem extremely talented.

Edited by Retro_Link

Come on, no one likes the look of this? I it the completely throwaway name? :p

Looks like a great old-school style adventure/platformer to me inspired by the N64/Gamecube greats!

I had a look at their youtube and the developers also have this cool looking puzzle game concept...

I'd love Nintendo to strike a deal with these guys.

Edited by Retro_Link

Forgot to thank you for this the other day. Looks superb. Surprisingly accomplished too for an Indie title!

I just hope we, as Nintendo gamers sit up and take notice of these games and welcome them to the WiiU platform. If gamers won't do this, it will be a missed opportunity to bring the much-needed varied ecosystem of games to plug the gaps between big retail releases.

Come on, no one likes the look of this? Is it the completely throwaway name? :p

Yes basically. :p

Everything else about the game looks to be reasonably solid but the name is awful... if it was me I would just change the name to Dimension Divers because it sounds better and is also more accurate going by the first video as when you change dimensions it seems like the character is swimming in the alternate world so yes, it makes sense to me at least. :wink:

Yes basically. :p

Everything else about the game looks to be reasonably solid but the name is awful... if it was me I would just change the name to Dimension Divers because it sounds better and is also more accurate going by the first video as when you change dimensions it seems like the character is swimming in the alternate world so yes, it makes sense to me at least. :wink:

There are three dimension to switch between each with their own properties in the level they're previewing; terra, firma and aqua. In the second video the developers say they want to do a lot more dimensions for other levels in the game such as a jelly or ice dimension. It's quite a unique approach to puzzle solving and traversing the world.

Looks like a lot of effort has been put in here.

But reminiscent of the N64 greats? The N64 greats generally took full advantage of 3D. This game is... 2D. Which per definition makes me yawn. And for the Wii U, which already seems dominated by the sub-genre, it makes me sigh.

That being said, for those who like this type of thing, this could be awesome.

Looks like a lot of effort has been put in here.

But reminiscent of the N64 greats? The N64 greats generally took full advantage of 3D. This game is... 2D. Which per definition makes me yawn. And for the Wii U, which already seems dominated by the sub-genre, it makes me sigh.

That being said, for those who like this type of thing, this could be awesome.

Are you sure you looked at the opening post? ;)

Sign in to follow this