NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Pikmin Designer Working on Original Nintendo Game

Former Tekken and Pikmin designer is apparently working on something new in Kyoto.

Pikmin and Metroid Prime: Hunters designer Masamichi Abe is working on an original Nintendo game, according to Tekken series director Katsuhiro Harada.

Polygon spotted a tweet from Harada replying to an enquiry about Abe, who also worked on Tekken and Tekken 2 during his time at Namco:

Katsuhiro Harada @Harada_TEKKEN

He is in Nintendo Kyoto now. working on some Nintendo original title RT@2Andrin what happened to Masamichi Abe? Is he retired?

Abe has worked on Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime: Hunters and Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again.

Not much to go on, but hopefully it's a new IP as that would be mighty welcome!

Maybe he meant "a title involving Nintendo's original IPs"? Or even just "a new title from Nintendo"?

Remember that Harada's first language is not English, and I doubt he would casually reveal the job details of a guy he apparently hasn't worked with in years.

Maybe he meant "a title involving Nintendo's original IPs"? Or even just "a new title from Nintendo"?

Remember that Harada's first language is not English, and I doubt he would casually reveal the job details of a guy he apparently hasn't worked with in years.

My thoughts exactly.

It definitely doesn't sound to me as 'something new' but more like 'something NINTENDO ownes'.

Sign in to follow this