NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Phillips or JVC for car stereo?

Seems the stereo in my car is slowly giving up the will to read any CDs, so I'm thinking of getting a new one to stick in there. Tbh I don't need anything fancy, just be nice if it takes CDs(and plays MP3s off them) - seen these two on halfords - but I'm not sure which to go for really.

JVC - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_869323_langId_-1_categoryId_165474

Phillips - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_874263_langId_-1_categoryId_165474

What are people's general brand experience with the two? Anybody ever had their audio or car equipment and would recommend one over the other?

They're both fairly similar brand wise (i.e. good mid-range). The speakers are basically the same. They have the same max amplifier output (I couldn't find the RMS for the JVC, but I imagine it would be the same/similar). Unless you can find any horror stories for one of them, just go with the one you like the look of the best; I prefer the sleeker style of the Philips, never been a fan of JVC's more "obvious" (for lack of a better word) styling.

Ended up going with the JVC, though then came to realise they're apparently JVC kenwood anyway! My current one's a kenwood and my brother said he had a crap kenwood(and I had a JVc with a stuck cd); but I cba taking it back so I'm just gonna stick it in there once I figure out how to get to all them wires(they seem really short :(). Thanks anyhow.

Saxo, all done! Except for a mystery bulb I just sorta left somewhere, all went well. The antenna connect IS a bit short(on other side of this radio) but the ISO connectors we just caught on bits behind the console, sorted now. Seems to have fit into the existing cage too so I didn't bother trying to swap for the new one.

Sign in to follow this