NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Win7 comp stopped sleeping?

Well, until recently - I can't* quite pinpoint when but in the last two weeks I'd say? - my computer appears to have stopped sleeping. It used to just go to sleep by itself, like a normal person, but now it's staying awake unless it's told otherwise! Can't thing of anything significant which would have changed(def not power settings), but is there any easy way to tell if something is stopping the computer from sleeping? I know stuff like uTorrent can(and originally just blamed that for being a bad influence on my computer's bedtimes) but it's definitely not that, as it's not open/running.

Where do I go from here? Look at recently installed apps(is there an easy way to do so?)? Can something find out IF anything is keeping it awake? Re-fiddle with power settings? I'm confused and lost and wish it would stop being such a pain!

(*I have an automatic/scheduled scheduled shutdown of about 2oclock in the morning, which I put in place just in case of things like this happening! However that's been there since ages ago and usually the comp sleeps first then goes into hibernate etc and I know it definitely has but isn't now cos when I turned it on previously it's resumed from a sleep/hibernate/SIP state, whereas now it's constantly as if turned on after a shutdown and it never used to be like this hope something here makes sense)

Where do I go from here? Look at recently installed apps(is there an easy way to do so?)?

Start > Programs & Features, sort by "Installed On" column (right click column headings if it's not there and add it).

Had meant to say thanks for that Shorty, I determined it was something I recently installed called BlueStacks(an android phone emulator for PC essentially), it's still a beta so it might be an issue for them; decided to just uninstall it and all is well again!

Sign in to follow this