N-Europe

"Thunder bug" in my DS Lite screen

pratty

Well I noticed I had a thunder bug crawling around my DS Lite top screen a couple of weeks ago. Noticed it again today and it's not moving, I may have killed it when I tried to wipe it thinking it was a regular spec of dust.

Anyone had experience of this and know what course of action is best to take, if any?

Could it just be asleep, and will crawl away later?

What if it remains? Can I try flicking the screen to dislodge it? Suction cup maybe?

It's not the end of the world but I am a bit of a screen freak. I also spent ages tinkering with my DS fixing some other issues, and just as I thought I got it fixed perfect, this happens. :cry:

Yeah, seems to be dead and stuck. I covered my screen with a cloth and flicked the hell out of it and haven't been able to dislodge it. :(

It's only the size of a pixel, so it's just a spec really, not the end of the world but it's annoying when I notice it.

Before this I never knew what a thunderbug was. I also unfortunately can't offer any constructive advice, is it squished in there?

Haha, yeah I read the title and thought "Is this some new hack or mod thing?"

Anyway only thing I can think of is could you try give the Nintendo Service Centre a ring and see if you can send it in to them any they can get it out for you :heh:

Nah, I think I'll just cut my loses and live with it. Don't want to spend anymore repairing my DS, I'd rather put the money towards a 3DS at some point.

Plus I'd be ashamed to send my DS to Nintendo after all the previous bodge job repairs I've already done to it myself, lol.

Well, against my better judgement, I bit the bullet and opened up my DS and by some miracle managed to remove the dead thunderbug without breaking the system.

But oh my God, was it fiddly and nerve racking at times.

Well, against my better judgement, I bit the bullet and opened up my DS and by some miracle managed to remove the dead thunderbug without breaking the system.

But oh my God, was it fiddly and nerve racking at times.

I thought it wasn't easy to get under the top screen? Twas gonna be my original suggestion but from what I recall with my phat(which I subsequently broke, lol), it wasn't easy! Well done nonetheless!!

Thanks.

Yeah it's not an easy job. Luckily I had an old broken DS to practice on first. I wasn't going to do it, but I thought I'd just try on the broken one to see if I could do it. Once I saw what I had to do and gave it a go, luckily I didn't break anything or make my screen worse, so I'm counting my blessings, I never want to have to open my DS again.