NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

My audio makes me want to cry, seriously :(

Right, hello all. Prepare yourselves...for what could be lengthy. I bought a refurbished Acer m3400 from argos ebay outlet about a year ago now, and on the whole it's worked pretty fine bar that very annoying network issue I posted about recently.

I run it mainly through HDMI to a 32 inch screen, with my speakers connected to that TV so totally seperate from comp, HDMI carrying the audio obviously, no issue/biggie. I've got a radeon hd 4250 or something, no idea what it means. I just know I have the aforementioned HDMI out, back jacks and front jacks.

I used to have a usb mic, which had its own sort of audio out via 3.5mm but generally worked for a while. There was a day when this all went tits up and I'm sure I posted, I think it was when I did a graphics driver update. Basically, the situation now; I plug in the usb mic and all my audio devices die. My tray icon for sound literally red X's and can't detect why the fuck it's being such a cunt. This also happens if I ever try and actually update my fucking graphics(regardless of dick usb mic).

I've also tried 3.5mm mics which when plugged straight into my 2.1 speakers are definitely amp'd/working, yet on my pc act like fucking dead. I try sound recorder, it says no audio device detected. My computer at least, in its infitite retardedness, can tell me somethings been stuck in the hole I just fucking stuck something in; errr...no shit windows I didn't know thanks for telling me all is cool lets be friends.

ANYWAY; Recently bought a cheap usb bluetooth adapter(again see another thread) and accidentally because play.com are absolute fucking dickbags an EX-01 bluetooth headset designed for PS3. That is absolutely no problem, my cheap bluetooth has worked, my headset has paired fine from what I can tell.

So, I decide to try steam voice chat with Marcamillian; bluetooth off and he answers, I can hear his mic output from my speakers. IF I turn my bluetooth on, it's absolutely the fucking same as like plugging in my usb mic, save for my tray icon NOT going red X'd, but all my audio dies. Nothing goes in OR out of my fucking bluetooth headset AAAAAND to make this all fucking worse it happens exactly the same running through VGA instead of HDMI with my speakers connected through both front 3.5mm jacks AND rear 3.5mm jacks and to be honest with you all I absolutely do not know what the fuck is wrong with my fucking fuckity fuck fucker of a fucking computer, save to say; I'm at the end of my fucking tether.

Seriously, have I overlooked something? Is this just my computer? Is it just windows 7 64-bit? Have I just got a developed hardware fault? What. The. Serious. Hell. I don't even know anymore what the fuck to even try and it's killing me I can't mic on my goddamn computer when I know that once, a long long long time ago(in the last 12 months), I bloody well could. Should I take the epic final solution step, buy an external drive backup and fucking system restore this unsolveable cunt?

(Apologies for the language, but seriously...fuck this shit)

Edited by Rummy

Have you set your default sound/communications devices? When I plug my usb headset in, it automatically makes that the default sound/communication device but I can change it back to have speaker playback as well as have my headset working.

For example, I can plug my headset in USB and speakers in the audio jacks and have Ventrilo (communications software) running so I can hear speech through the headset while still being able to play music or whatever through my speakers.

Right click your volume control and go to playback devices, right click your speakers/headphones and set whichever as the default sound device.

77434115.png

Does that help in any way?

Yeah, I set my default comms, it seems they always get overidden! Haven't been able to extensively test the bluetooth headset, but even then my hdmi audio and then my speakers were set as default sound device; audio/steam chat died when I turned the headset on. I tried updating my BIOS after posting, having found something to suggest that; tried the old usb mic, that still kills the audio playback device(red x) and sound recorded still says no recording device detected, despite them being listed in the sound dialog you mention above.

Sign in to follow this