NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Gays and Games (fishing for dissertation help)

Well, personally speaking I felt kind of alienated from the gaming cliques at school after I became aware of being gay. It felt like I was ostracised from gaming conversations with my lad friends because my sexuality didn't belong in that culture, and if it wasn't through contact on sites like this one I might have lost involvement in games completely. If more/better representation in games helps normalise the notion that gay people play games, that can't be a bad thing.

Perhaps that could be the/a topic? Can the Internet (fan sites) help to make otherwise ostracised gamers feel connected? How has the increase in Internet usage (both as users and from the industry) and the growing acceptance of LGBQT lifestyles helped gay gamers find a voice in an otherwise heterosexually dominated (or a better term) industry?

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the Jimquisition. Let him solve all the problems with the industry.

What an utter arsehole.

I pretty much stopped caring what he said after the joke about people who think "using the word rape in a joke makes you a rapist". It's very rich for a heterosexual, white male to say the topic of sexism in the industry is overblown.

I know this was meant for comedy but it was a total failure.

Everyone thinks they're the next Charlie Brooker. The problem is you actually have to be as clued up as Brooker to do what he does and get away with it. This guy's just got a podium.

Jimquisition...

Seriously that arse scraping needs to have his voice silenced. He is utter trash... and my GOD how pretentious does he look with those fucking glasses???

He is an ambassador for Gamers... and what a terrible shame that is.

It's very rich for a heterosexual, white male to say the topic of sexism in the industry is overblown.

Reminds me of this.

tumblr_lznbq3nvQS1ql3957o1_r1_500.png

In as much as I'm still digging on that episode and felt the need to share. But yeah, video was pretty shit.