N-Europe

removing drivers?

Guest Stefkov

Guest Stefkov

please help.

i just plugged in my digital camera with the USB plug. when i turn on the camera it has options on the camera already. i wanted to install the webcam function of it. so i clicked pc cam as it is on the camera, it opened up the install wizard on my pc.

it says if it came with a CD put it in now. id already installed the CD for it and i didnt see any webcam install stuff on it.

so i pressed go on without it. and it finished saying its not installed properly adn it may not work properly. its installed the driver i think. so is there any way of unistalling this so i can start over? i unplugged it and chose it again but nothing comes up when i choose the ebcam function.

so please help. is there a way to uninstall the driver for it?

Did you follow the instructions in the manual exactly? If not, why not?

Are you sure it has a webcam function? My camera can connect up to the comp as a camera or as a usb mass storage device: the first meaning that it is pretty much just treated as a source to get pictures from and the second meaning it is just like a plugged-in hard disk.

Try Control Panel>Scanners and Cameras to uninstall/install.

Guest Stefkov

there was no instructions in the manual for the webcam function of it. it just came up with the wizard to install it. you jut choose pc cam on the actual camera when hooked up, is there no way of actually uninstalling drivers?

Guest Stefkov

chers for that, the only thing is i dont know what it is to choose. thanks anyway, youve been a great help

Edit i pluggd it in and turned it on and it popped up but now.

untitled1bi.png

if its too small how do you get them so big i had to put it through imageshack and i had to shrink it down loads

it say, 'failed to uninstall the device. the device may be required to boot the computer'??

Guest Stefkov

i was looking in the tools and found update, so i clicked that and it ame up with the wizard again, i put in the CD but it still didnt work.

so i had a look in the manual and it did actually have something on pc cam function. so i followed it, installed the driver again, plugged it in, with the CD in. opened up pc cam. still it says failed to install properly. etc etc stop installing imediately. so im just gonne leave it. cheers for all your help. not really a webcam buy but i just wanted to check it out. seems it doesnt work. cheers anyway