NEurope
Rummy

Uhh...why/have hard drives shot up?

That sounds interesting. Is that a feature of your chassis?

Must be? It's a retail tower, Acer M3400 I think? Got it from argos ebay clearance, and was quite perplexed when I saw it had the slot as I've never seen it on a computer before! I've never used it though so I've no idea how good it'll actually be, I imagine it hasn't been too difficult for them to implment, just extend the cable inside to the front of the comp? I don't do insides of computers much, though I really should get used to that at some point.

Must be? It's a retail tower, Acer M3400 I think? Got it from argos ebay clearance, and was quite perplexed when I saw it had the slot as I've never seen it on a computer before! I've never used it though so I've no idea how good it'll actually be, I imagine it hasn't been too difficult for them to implment, just extend the cable inside to the front of the comp? I don't do insides of computers much, though I really should get used to that at some point.

Had a look at some pictures of the case and, it is rather unique. Not seen something like that before, or with those features.

Even looking on the net I couldn't find much about it, apparently some models just have an optical drive there instead. I took a pic of the sorta 'cage' thing for the drive when I posted my other thread about trying to fit a 2.5 in there(now given up on), if it helps your curiousity :p

http://www.n-europeforums.com/showpost.php?p=1414527&postcount=3

Yeah thanks. The info on the net was indeed lame. Reviews just seemed to overlook this feature. Looking at it, i think the motherboard has to be tailored to accommodate such a thing, maybe with an extra connector or something so it could be moved to another computer if that was the case. Either way, it can't be just a cable as it wouldn't sit so comfortably in the PC that when you slide that in and out it just slots right into the drive.

And and sorry to totally derail this topic :P