N-Europe

Vote for my cars

darkjak

For the last few weeks I've been doing a course at the university where I'm supposed to design a car. I've made five different 3D draft models, and now I need your feedback.

Based upon your feedback, I'm going to create a much more well detailed model. So please vote!

Take part in the survey here.

• 4 months later...

That looks good. A really nice car.

Are you still looking for feedback? If so I've written some, if not then ignore the spoiler box.

There was an awkward transition at 0:09, looks really jumpy.

The car looks great. One thing I would say is that the car's front end needs to be a bit longer. A sports car like that needs to have a fairly big bonnet to accommodate for the powerful engine and everything else that makes the car great. The shot at 0:16 to 0:17 shows a front end more akin to a small family car.

Examples:

2009-porsche-911-carrera-s-blue-front-view.jpg

bmw-z4-cars-concept.jpg

tvr_tuscan_08.jpg

...etc.

An exception to this would be if it was a mid/rear engined car. But the sleek rear end suggests otherwise. Rear engined cars tend to have a much beefier rear end to accommodate the engine.

Example: Ferrari 430

Ferrari%20F430.jpg

Also I'm not a fan of the jumpy camera shots at 0:22 of the interior. I'm guessing it's supposed to emanate the motion of the fighter jet. But a car's interior isn't as exciting as an F16 jet, and people want to see it's beauty. The interior is really nice, you should focus more on that than the jet.

I also think you focus too much on the jet. I'm not sure what your project entails, but judging it as a car advert/showcase, I'd be wanting to know about the car I'd consider buying, not the jet. I'd just consider showing the jet at the start and then fade into the car's badge, and then maybe again at the end. Having too much of the jet is more akin to Saab's ads, and they weren't good.

Also I think it's a poor choice of music. The music is far too upbeat for a stationary vehicle. Check out most car ads with a stationary car. The music is slow and powerful.

The feedback may sound harsh, but I was trying to cover everything. Overall it's a great car though.

Thanks for the feedback.

As a matter of fact, the concept started out as a modern interpretation of the Saab Sonett, and I was in talks with Saab to have a cooperation. Unfortunately, they pulled out in october.

I don't really get the complaints about the born from jets-ads. It's more true than most people believe.

Also I just want to point out a few things. The Porsche 911 is rear engined, while Ferrari F430 is mid-engined. :geek:

As I've previously stated, Streetjet was originally intended to be a Sonett. In other words, I shrunk the car as much as possible lengthwise. I spent a lot of time investigating how the car could look sleek and aerodynamic, despite its short length.

I'm going to make a new rendering shortly, where I'm hoping to have up to maybe a minute of footage of just the car. The plane scenes took so much space mainly because they were quick to render. All the aircraft action took me an hour to render. The car sequences took me somewhere around 30 hours.

• 4 weeks later...