NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
nekunando

Pro Evo 2012

It's definitely the same game facepalm.gif

:D:D:D

I did say!

If you're still playing 2009, then you'll find 2012 a massive improvement. But if you have 2011, then keep your dough. The only thing that could make this worth the money for me now would be if there was an easier way to add an up to date option file with the kits etc, without having to go through hacking your Wii to bits.

I didn't think it would bother me that much if it was basically the same as PES 2011 given the price.. but it is that price for a reason :heh:

It is a great game but for a lot of you it won't be worth it if you already own the previous version. If you have anything before last year's game, it'll definitely be worth the upgrade. We already suspected this to be the case, though :indeed:

Considering all the transfers that have happened at Liverpool in the summer, it'll probably be worth it for me.. especially considering the ability to play a lot of you guys online :smile:

I don't want to go into too much detail because I need to have something to put into a review but, in all honesty, I could almost write it immediately as, in essence, I've already played this game..

I suppose I know what you mean, but I am noticing a couple of differences. Nothing special, and you might even feel that they arguably make the game worse, but on top of the game being a little bit harder (and I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining that now. Just keeping possession is proving much trickier even as one of the big names), the way it handles tackles is a little more sensitive too. You can't just hold the button and randomly move into a player to tackle, as often I'm finding they'll just keel over a la Premier League fairies and you concede a frustrating free kick or even get a card. It doesn't take much either, so I'm finding I have to tackle a bit less thoughtlessly at the moment.

Whether you consider this different enough or an "improvement" is up to you. I think I'm going to have to start a Master League game and see if I can find some other stuff. But to reiterate, I would honestly say if you're still playing 2009, if you get this you will definitely notice big changes.

Yep its a nice step up from 2009! The menu sound effects are still the same though, lol. One thing they should have kept is the online menu music from Pro Evo 2008.

I need time to get to grips with Pro Evo on the Wii again. I seem to be looking at the wrong stuff all the time and putting my players in too much trouble with my pass placement. Hopefully after a few more games my brain will sort itself out. :grin:

My passes and shots have been going well astray too with the classic controller in 2012. We're back to slight almost non-existent taps of the shoot button to get an attempt anywhere near the goal (remember PES5?). It's been driving me nuts, so I've now decided to use the Wii remote and nunchuck setup again. It took a bit of re-adjusting to, but I'm back in now and loving it. I've said before that this control setup makes the game quite easy imho, and so it proves in PES 2012. However, I'm still really enjoying it and feeling less ripped off today!

The discussion is moot anyway, since it remains the very best football game on the Wii, and possibly this whole generation imo.

What an awesome game!:hehe:

Though there's still a lot of getting used to. Only thing I was a lil' sad about is me not having a CC:heh:, cause as great as it is to play with these controls, sometimes it would be nice to play a bit more leisurely. But to my big surprise you can actually use the Wiimote on its side:grin:. And it's not as basic as I thought it would be (don't do any of the fancy stuff anyway), except the shooting, as mentioned above, is pretty tricky, you shoot pretty hard pretty fast.

Glad you went ahead and got the 2012 version and not an older one, @Nyubi. :hehe: Anyone up for getting some online games happening or are you all obsessing over SS and M3DL?

It is tremendous to be fair. The N-Europe review is up (you've probably seen it), and it's pretty fair. They make it clear that it's pretty much the same game as 2011, but easily worth getting if you're on an older one. It's a bit of a rip off but remains the best footie game there is.

I'm playing it a lot, but I don't usually venture online as my pathetic skills won't translate! I can beat the computer but a human...no chance!

The N-Europe review is up (you've probably seen it), and it's pretty fair..

I'm always fair :heh:

I may be up for some online action tomorrow evening or some night during the week if anyone is interested. I could do with playing a few more games of it before then as My Team needs some serious improvement :indeed:

Glad you went ahead and got the 2012 version and not an older one, @Nyubi. :hehe: Anyone up for getting some online games happening or are you all obsessing over SS and M3DL?

Yeah you guys can be pretty persuasive:heh:

Wish I was obsessing over SS but since I'm sick (haven't been in a decade or so) I haven't allowed myself to play it yet...Zelda deserves better:heh:

I'm not gonna go online yet, I have set the difficulty on 2 and the vast majority of the matches end in a draw (0-0 ones). Master League stats are like W:3 D:17 L:1 :p. Playing against me would be like playing Smash against someone who isn't able to jump back when kicked of the stage....there is no fun in that:heh:

So. We all said let's buy it and play online as a final thank you to Konami for making an incredible football game and it all went dead. In all seriousness I haven't even played it since launch. Still in its wrapper. But I'm going to play it this week.

So, anyone up for a. some online games b. a mini league or c. a mini knockout tournament?!

So, anyone up for a. some online games b. a mini league or c. a mini knockout tournament?!

I could do with some practise games first but, yeah, sign me up! The other (only?!?) tourny we had for Pro Evo 2008 was decent fun. :awesome:

This weekend then!?

I opened tonight, what a mess of a game. This was released in november and it's got Peter crouch at tottenham :) Bunch of jokers.

Great game though. May never see another football game like it. Nothing more satisfying then seeing a play you completely dictated pull off!!

I opened tonight, what a mess of a game. This was released in november and it's got Peter crouch at tottenham :) Bunch of jokers.

Don't forget to download the update :grin:

This weekend then!?

I should be able to play on Friday night if that suits..?

Ah, there's an update :) But still, novemeber and Crouch was there. Has it got all of Januarys dealings too?!

Awesome! Looking forward to some games. Are you free over the weekend too? Organise a little league?

What do we think? Start Friday, end sunday?!

For some reason, and I've had this problem before, whenever i try and @ tag people it says

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Why is this?! I wanted to tag nyubi and k-project but it won't let me

I guess it just depends on the username, @dazzybee.. I can't be tagged either :heh:

I'm ususally not free most of the weekend but I'll see what I can do if something is happening with PES 2012 :smile:

I guess it just depends on the username, @dazzybee.. I can't be tagged either :heh:

I'm ususally not free most of the weekend but I'll see what I can do if something is happening with PES 2012 :smile:

So are we up for some games tonight?! @darksnowman

Sign in to follow this