N-Europe

Windows Mail Inbox won't Open... Help

Mokong

I use Windows Mail to download my emails as I prefer viewing stuff there than online.

But this morning been having a problem with the inbox as it won't open.

Here's a screenshot of what it is telling me

inboxnotopen.jpg

That is the only error message it gives.... ALL OTHER folders, outbox, deleted, drafts, etc have no problems and all working fine

It says "Possible causes may be low disk space or memory"

I'm barely using 50% of my 300GB harddrive and I got 4GB of RAM and nothing else running (well in that screen you might notice I'm running a defrag as a just in case but I doubt that'll fix it)

Anybody any ideas as to how I can fix it or what might have caused it?

Now I did have something happen when I first booted up the laptop this morning which might be connected.

When I turned it on it started doing a scan for checking the C drive for "consistency" I just let it go and it ended, didn't see any error messages, and then windows opened normally and other than the Inbox thing no other issues.

Don't have and never had McAfee, use AVG at the moment.

Will look into Thunderbird, want to try get my emails back though.

Just wondering if I go through the folders on the laptop

c\users..... etc and find the folder holding the email inbox data (which I have found), if I copy all the files in that and save to another folder as a backup and then delete the original will I do any damage?

EDIT:

And Finally FIXED :heh:

Found this Page

And followed instructions to Rebuild the Windows Mail Folders and was able to recover all my old emails so nothing lost, phew

wonder what caused it though

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost