NEurope
Migraine

Multiple Controllers Reacting To Each Other...?

...That diagram is of the Electromagnetic spectrum, not the visible/invisible light spectrum, simply because the word spectrum is used does not mean that they are the same.

Just there, that's where you said light was not an electromagnetic wave.

By saying it is a diagram of an electromagnetic spectrum (which it is), and not a visible/invisible light spectrum (which it also is), suggests to me you assume light is not an electromagnetic wave.

I'm sorry if I missunderstood you, but that's how I read it.

And actually, I have just realised that you're correct and my physics teacher is incorrect, as Bluetooth is not ultraviolet light :hmm: ,

velocity = frequency x wavelength

therefore wavelength = vel./frequency

velocity = 3x10^8 m/s

Frequency = 2.45 GHz (= 2,450,000,000 Hz)

therefore wavelength = (3x10^8)/(2.45x10^9) = .122m = 12.2cm

That puts it in the radio part of the spectrum.

I apologise, but I was always told Bluetooth was ultra violet light with a higher energy. It isn't, it has a far crappier energy.

all light, radiowaves, microwaves, UV, IR, Gamma, X etc are all part of the electromagnetic spectrum. therefore they are all the same thing, just in different wavelengths. altha and beta particles are not part of this spectrum but are actually particles on their own. thats why they are given the name "free radicals"

In response to the question about where the name "bluetooth" comes from. it is the name of a norhtern european middle aged king or something and has nothing to do with the colour of light it uses etc.

hmmm my science class all over again. i just cant wait to play some games with the controller nevermind some wierd stuff running around the house.

I'ld love the idea of lazer games ect played through a home console, but i can't see it happening...

It would be a pretty crappy game of lazer tag seeming as a controller only works up to 15 feet away from the console.