NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

My PC is f***ed

:angry::angry: FFS its just one thing after another, ok for a start my PC turns itself off randomly and a blue screen comes up with a load of bull. When I start up the PC again and send the error report, it says that the reaosn for the crash is because of a device installation problem. It tells me to go into Device manager and reinstall thing etc. Problem is I don't know whats causing the problem. i've tried fiddling with some device drivers but it hasn't helped (Graphics card, webcam...).

Second problem is when I go to turn off my PC normally, I press Shut Down...and then when it says 'Saving your Settings' it stays like that and nothing happens, so I have to always turn off the PC via the plug. This is probably the worst problem.

I've done virus scans,adaware and search and destroy, and got rid of stuff on the latter two but I couldn't find any viruses. I've used both AVG and avast.

Not only this, but my PC is starting to have other minor problems too by the looks of things, like my windows media player crashing frequently.

Could someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEE help if possible, I'm getting very stressed about it and don't want to have to reformat etc.

PS: What are these 'system files'? Are they harmful or viruses or just normal system stuff I shouldn't touch.

kernel32.dll

winsock.dll

wsock32.dll

Once again, HELP IS REALLY APPRECIATED

PS: What are these 'system files'? Are they harmful or viruses or just normal system stuff I shouldn't touch.

kernel32.dll

winsock.dll

wsock32.dll

All three of these are Windows system files, and really shouldn't be touched unless you know what you're doing.

If you've got errors coming up with any of them, then the .ddl could possibly be infected.

Also, are you running both AVG and Avast at the same time by any chance, as it's generally not a good idea to be running two anti-virus software programs as it usually causes conflicts (especially if Nortons is one of them)?

Are you getting problems with any of these files then?

When I go onto 'Virus Chest' from avast, it opens this new window with four sections:

infected files

user files

system files

all chest files.

They are in the system files part.

A good ol' Format and a reboot with your system discs (if you have them) should sort the problem and make you PC like new.

Just remember to back everything up you wanna keep.

Sign in to follow this