NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darksnowman

Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns

Natsume has announced a new Harvest Moon title, to launch on both DS and 3DS. Potential connectivity and shoddy graphics in the 3DS version are afoot.

Today we are revealing an exclusive to you, our most loyal fans. We are happy to announce Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns for the DS *and* 3DS coming later this year! Fill up your watering can and sharpen your hoe, because it's time for an all-new farming adventure! More details to come in the near future, including some exciting news at E3.

Recently we learned that A Wonderful Life on the Gamecube is the best selling Harvest Moon ever, despite not being a fan favourite. Was that down to the chaptered progression system? Who knows. Could a game capitalising on the DS userbase and 3DS buzz best it...? Funny story: to buy AWL I partook in this food study at university where I had to go and eat a whole casserole of cottage pie every week, after having a specially formulated drink. Well actually, I didn't have to eat the whole thing, just til I was full. Presumably the drink was meant to impact my hunger level. After that had run its course I netted £50 that I put straight into AWL. Good times. :grin:

Probably the most basic HM of the lot is the GBC version, however it holds a dear spot in my heart. I played it into the wee small hours quite a lot and even restarted it a few times. I hated the Springtime tune but love the Harvest Sprites cave one and (I think) the Fall theme. It was great how you could leave the Harvest Sprites to look after your farm when you had the game switched off but it wasn't worth it because they lowered the happiness of my cows all the time! :angry:

What does HM:TToTT need to incorporate to make it the best HM ever?

Pre-order bonus news.

The pre-order bonus for Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns is an adorable white alpaca, which can be viewed below. Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns is set to release later this year.

hmtwin1.jpg

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2011/042211a.html

Harvest Moon: TToTT is just Harvest Moon: Twin Villages which is already out in Japan. This means there will be a proper 3DS HM game coming on the heels of it.

Pre-order bonus news.

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2011/042211a.html

Harvest Moon: TToTT is just Harvest Moon: Twin Villages which is already out in Japan. This means there will be a proper 3DS HM game coming on the heels of it.

That is pretty cute I might have to get it.

A Wonderful Life was the first Harvest Moon game I played and it probably is my favourite (although I can't quite remember which others I've played). I was actually reading up on all the DS versions the other day trying to decide whether to buy one but the reviews put me off a bit. I think they keep adding extras which just make the game more repetitve and less enjoyable to play.

You might be right about the use of chapters being key, at least then you can see yourself progressing and the story developing. Maybe I just gave up too soon on the other versions but I think I'll wait for the 3DS title to start again.

I have been apauled at every Harvest Moon game scince the GBA one.

I hope they dont fuck it up.

My favourite one has been the N64 one (america only I think). Maybe because that's the one I first really got in to. I played the SNES one too, but afterwards!

I wouldn't mind a new one, but it's all so samey and completely shat on by Rune Factory!

I was just checking RPGamer and came across this:

Regarding the differences between the two versions, they will be fairly minor, because Natsume's main goal for the dual release was to allow both DS and 3DS users to enjoy the game fully. The 3DS version will have 3D visuals, of course, and also have StreetPass functionality which will allow players to exchange goods with other 3DS Harvest Moon players.

For the uninitiated, Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns allows wannabe farmers to create a male or female character who then chooses to settle in either the Asian-themed Konohana or the European-themed Bluebell village. The two villages have had an ongoing feud over culinary styles, and the player's goal is to bring them back together throughout the course of the game. Players can relocate villages at the end of any season if they so desire, but can befriend and woo people from either village no matter where they live.

Tale of Two Towns will have a bulletin board that allows players to accept quests from villagers. This system will be more involved than the simple fetch quests that have been seen in previous series games, and will give the player the opportunity to better know the various townsfolk. The game also features an expanded pet system, in which pet dogs, cats, and horses help with various tasks on the farm. Along with the usual cows, sheep, and chickens, players will also be able to raise alpacas, which are prized for their wool.

There will also be a multiplayer farm that can be altered to grow crops from any particular season. Players can connect with each other's farms either locally or online, though DS and 3DS versions cannot connect with each other due to using different security protocols. The host player can charge an admission fee, and guests can then harvest crops from the farm and take them home.

Finally, we received some good news for Natsume fans. The company will soon be opening up an online Natsume Store, and will be selling various items for fans including plushies. That's right, happy Harvest Moon cows will no longer be reserved only for E3 attendees.

Been playing the new PSP version lately, been really enjoying it besides the constant loading.

I hope we can get something on the 3DS on a similar style of that of A Wonderful life, will look incredible in 3D

31964158_300x300_1.jpg

Play.com have added the game to their site and have June 22nd as a release date.

Sign in to follow this