NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

Sequels

After watching two trailers that just physically made me facepalm and shake my head in disappointment and embarassment, that was when I thought about sequels and spin-offs themselves. What's the best or worst sequel in a movie/game series? Can games get away with it better than movies? Are spin-offs better? When and why do they work? When and why don't they work? What movies have been spoiled by sequels? What series have been spoiled by spin-offs?

Discuss...

Oh and by the way, here are the two trailers I was talking about:

I will actually watch Mean Girls 2 tomorrow even though it looks absolutely abysmal.

Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure looks better than High School Musical. It looks like it's cut to the chase, and make it totelly camp [intentional spelling] rather than pretending it's good. Even the title suggests more jokes. I love "Adventure", when realistically, it's just her moved to New York.

Weirdly enough, Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure is something I don't really want to see but I do just to give it a chance. It just looks like High School Musical with just Sharpay in it to me. I'd most probably watch it anyway but I just thought that they should leave the series alone. It might actually be fun (I hope it is). Well, I suppose if there's money to be made...

Mean Girls 2 looks dire though. Mean Girls should NOT have a sequel!

Edited by Animal

DON'T WATCH MEAN GIRLS 2. It was made because they thought "People will be curious to see it NO MATTER HOW BAD IT IS." Don't give them any money!

I think both Pirates films were pretty dire sequels. Best I can think of off the top of my head is Bride of Frankenstein. It's genuinely a masterpiece, and much better than the original.

DON'T WATCH MEAN GIRLS 2. It was made because they thought "People will be curious to see it NO MATTER HOW BAD IT IS." Don't give them any money!

I think both Pirates films were pretty dire sequels. Best I can think of off the top of my head is Bride of Frankenstein. It's genuinely a masterpiece, and much better than the original.

Don't worry, I'm not giving them money. I'm getting it for free, my mate's sister has it so I'm borrowing her DVD, there's no way I'm paying for THAT.

Also, I agree. I loved the first Pirates, the second Pirates was okay but I just did not like the third much at all. Then again, they're all basically jokes based on a ride in Disneyland. I'm liking the look of the fourth one (maybe because Orblando Gloom and Keira Knightley aren't in it) but I won't hold my breath.

Sign in to follow this