N-Europe

Need a new TV for moving to Uni

Gizmo

Basically I suddenly realised last night that I'm moving to uni in 7 days and haven't got a TV to take with me. Which would be useful when used in conjunction with the Xbox I was planning on taking with me.

Looking for a small tv, about 19-22" maybe. HD ready is a must but not necessarily 1080p (what are my chances of getting 1080p at this budget actually?), preferably with a freeview tuner built in, with a budget of about £150.

I found this one already which seems pretty good so far as I can tell. Is that a good deal money wise? Any issues with the set I haven't seen?

Or how about this?

I'm gonna go to a few shops today and have a browse. Also, what other sites are there to check out other than eBuyer, Play and Currys?

Edited by Gizmo

A much cheaper and easier way to do it would be to get a VGA cable for your 360 so you can plug it in to your PC monitor, which is what I did when I went to uni. I also had a switchbox so I just had to flip between the 360 and PC channel at ease. Highly recommended!

I'd go with the 22" LG. Full 1080p, lots of sockets (I'm assuming you'll be connecting your xbox by HDMI?). In my opinion a decent price for what you get.

The only problem with a TV monitor is that the sound tends to be a bit tinny and crap. It might be worth plugging in some speakers. Then again it might be okay as it is :)

My Xbox is an older model so it doesn't have HDMI, but Component works just as well.

Reading reviews for that model it is mentioned that the sound isn't great. Currently I have a set of old Dell speakers hooked up to the laptop which give pretty decent sound, so it's gonna be no problem at all to switch between.