NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

3rd Parties. Where is the innovation?

I was in the 360 thread earlier telling everyone how shit it is.

I save my sweeping generalisations about the Wii for the Other boards because they're obviously a joke and everyone gets that (Honestly, I don't do it often at all and when I went on that rant, in a single post I'll add, the thread was all over the place - we were all joking around). I only pointed out that your notion that 70/80 million people odd mostly play FPSs is ludicrous and I've seemed to have wronged you somehow.

As I said before, I too was making a generalization.

I take these message board discussions very seriously and personally. So yes, you have wronged me.

I will use this smiley to express my anger :angry:!!!

I don't come in these boards often, I can't remember the last time I did. I have a Wii so I don't see what's wrong with me looking around here now and again.

What is it good for...

Absolutely nothing but...

As for Choze, I have very little idea what he's ever on about - he's on my ignore list.

This proves that the only reason you came in here was either A) tell everyone how shit the Wii is or B) Tell everyone why the HD consoles or in your case PS3 is better.

Now now family, can't we all get along?

The point is, nothing beats Nintendo 64!

This proves that the only reason you came in here was either A) tell everyone how shit the Wii is or B) Tell everyone why the HD consoles or in your case PS3 is better.

How so? He may just have wanted to laugh at Choze or something like that, and got caught up in the thread.

The point is, nothing beats Nintendo 64!

..you climb higher in my opinion with every passing day :hehe: It will never be beat :heh:

How so? He may just have wanted to laugh at Choze or something like that, and got caught up in the thread.

To be fair I was just having a laugh.

The hope that 3rd parties will start giving a shit about the next home console, it probably won't happen. Probably because now Nintendo are the only one of the three not pushing videogames on a technical level, which is very important. (For example graphics, since videogames core method of feedback is the screen.)

3rd parties won't come because Nintendo doesn't feel the need to relate with them, specially in the west since third party support for Nintendo consoles have been great in Japan, but they're too autistic to try the same deals that landed them Monster Hunter Tri or Dragon Quest, in the west. Quite honestly they don't seem to think too highly of us, all they have is a few very controlled studios.

This then extends to public relations with the western gaming press which then extends to the hardcore gaming community perception of Nintendo consoles.

Another reason, that I agree with you, is the graphics. Ever since the bit wars, video games have always been easily rated by their graphics, it's the most noticeable change between iterations of the same franchise and can easily hide a game's shortcomings. Developers can more easily build hype around their game with a pretty new face than around their new innovative mechanics. It is just human nature, everybody likes graphics and that's something developers can easily offer on powerful machines, on the other hand, new innovative game mechanics aren't perceptible in screenshots and there's no realistic way for every developer to come out with one for their games.

Sign in to follow this