NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tissue Town

Gremlins! We all contribute to this pokey thread spreading our love and delight..

.. at this wonderful piece of 80s cinema. The puppetry, the ideas behind it, Joe Dante's brilliant direction, and of course.. Phoebe Cates' lovely mammaries. Mmmm.

And Hulk Hogan. In the sequel.

... I genuinely prefer Gremlins 2. Just sayin'.

I once had the most awesome Gremlins / Ghostbusters crossover dream.

Excellent films, especially when they are watching snow white!

I too prefer the second one, the talking gremlin and the female gremlin are hilarious

They just don't make kids films like this anymore. When I have my 3rd children I'm gonna make them watch Gremlins and paint Warhammer to make sure they know what they're missing..

Edited by Tyson

... well, for a swan-song post I could do a lot worse than the following, I guess.

The New Batch is alright if you want to watch a decent sequel that degenerates halfway into a live action cartoon. Animatronics technology had gone crazy by then and it really shows, Gizmo is especially cuter and the range of ideas shoehorned in both stuns and entertains. The original is one of the greatest movies ever made, however. It has so much heart, something Gremlins 2 has none of.

I like how they mistakenly use the Rick Baker Gizmo design on all the cover art of the latest releases of the original DVD and the delicious Blu Ray. Oh wait, I hate that. I hate that so much. Particularly when our sausage-y friends across The Channel landed a near perfect replica of the original poster sans the ruinous Stripe burst out.

What you WANT isn't always what you get:

whv2af1.jpg

Edited by Guy

Sign in to follow this