NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Slaggis

You Know You Love Me...(Urgent Help Needed)

f0cbis.jpg

Basically, I have one week to raise the sum of £230. The money is going to a Cancer charity and a Dementia Charity. I have a Just Giving web page where people are able to donate, which includes a counter showing how close I am to my target.

My webpage (link below) explains exactly why I am raising money in the first place, so please have an uberly quick read :)

I'm in desperate need of donations, otherwise I have to come up with all the money myself. Something my bank account cannot take considering I'm currently only able to use my credit card. So literally any size donation will be horrifyingly appreciated.

Link to my webpage

Remember, it's all for a good cause. :)

Massive thanks to:

Raining

Nintenchris

Eenuh

Money left to raise: £220

Edited by Slaggis

i gave £2 ... id give more but i dont even know if i have enuff in there to cover bills!

I'm currently trying to use PayPal, but it's gonna take a while. I'm gonna donate about £20 when it goes through to my PayPal account. When's the deadline? 'Cause worst case scenario seems to be that it won't make it in time.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Gave you £5 of my hard earned money. You better appreciate it and have fun on that trip! =P

I'm currently trying to use PayPal, but it's gonna take a while. I'm gonna donate about £20 when it goes through to my PayPal account. When's the deadline? 'Cause worst case scenario seems to be that it won't make it in time.

20 Pounds? I literally just screamed with joy. The deadline is 6 days away now, so though there's a rush, there's not a massive one. But seriously, I don't know how to thank you enough!

Gave you £5 of my hard earned money. You better appreciate it and have fun on that trip! =P

Massive thank you! :)

As the website says though:

"What is Treasure Hunt Europe?" - A 5 DAY WORLD RECORD TREASURE HUNT AROUND EUROPE to raise money for 3 charities

Commencing at 16:45 from Lille in France on the 14th June 2010, Me, Annabel, Chris, Liam and Vicky will race with another 50ish groups for 5 days to the finish, following cryptic clues to the next location on a route spanning at least 5 countries. As we arrive at the location in one country, we supposedly use the broad range of intelligence in our group to solve the clues to the next country and the exact location of the next clue... so basically we're going to get lost. There is a £1000 prize for whoever gets to the end location first... which is unlikely to be us!

We have been given a railcard that gets us on most trains in Europe but we have to sort out our food and accommodation. Since we don't know which countries we will be ending up in until the day comes, our bed and breakfast hotel might end up being a cardboard box with some road kill. When all groups arrive at the end location we celebrate by having a massive party!

In total there are 200 members racing and we each have to raise a minimum sponsorship of £250. So in total we will be raising £50,000 for the 3 different charities.

YOUR MONEY IS NOT PAYING FOR ME TO GO ON A 5 DAY EXPEDITION AROUND EUROPE. MY MONEY PAYS FOR THAT. ALL OF YOUR MONEY GOES TO CHARITY.

...I have actually already completed the trip. But now I need to continue raising money for Charities before the deadline ends. I'll be post horrifying amounts of pictures from the trip at some point soon in the thread :)

But thanks again to everyone who has donated to the selected Charities so far. :love:

Close

20 Pounds? I literally just screamed with joy. The deadline is 6 days away now, so though there's a rush, there's not a massive one. But seriously, I don't know how to thank you enough!

Well, sexual favours are always welcome ... ;) :p

Jokes aside, don't worry about it. :) I just graduated and as such received a lot of money from friends and family plus a scholarship from my school, and on top of that I've got a well-paid job after my holidays, so I'm quite rich at the moment. :heh:

Massive thank you! :)

As the website says though:

...I have actually already completed the trip. But now I need to continue raising money for Charities before the deadline ends. I'll be post horrifying amounts of pictures from the trip at some point soon in the thread :)

But thanks again to everyone who has donated to the selected Charities so far. :love:

Close

Ah guess I missed that part. I did read over it quickly. =P

Hope you had fun on your trip then haha.

Well, sexual favours are always welcome ... ;) :p

Jokes aside, don't worry about it. :) I just graduated and as such received a lot of money from friends and family plus a scholarship from my school, and on top of that I've got a well-paid job after my holidays, so I'm quite rich at the moment. :heh:

Wow, got more richness to share? =P

Haha! If you've got a worthy cause, I might give a little. :heh:

Is my wallet a worthy cause?

No?

Darn. =P

My mate gave up alcohol for three months, each week putting at least £30 (that he would've spent on booze) into a pot that he later gave to charity. He also got sponsored by a bunch of people, and promised to pay double what they fronted if he failed to last 3 months.

Brave man.

Personally I'm somewhat disenchanted by charities. Sorry.

Right ... um, the site's down at the moment. Will it be up again before the deadline, you think?

Sorry for the delay in reply! It's working again, but not on certain browsers oddly. I use Opera and it refuses to work, however when in Internet Explorer it works perfectly. :)

One last push. I'm still screwed money wise...but being a little less screwed would be lovely. Anyone? :)

Donated a bit more since I just acquired a bit more money today. Are you relying only on the website, or are people sponsoring you in real life?

Donated a bit more since I just acquired a bit more money today. Are you relying only on the website, or are people sponsoring you in real life?

It's basically the website. So as you can see I'm well and truly screwed come Sunday. But thank you for the help you've given me guys, it's hugely appreciated :)

Perhaps you could print off a sponsor form, go round your family/friends/random people and get them to donate a bit more cash? Worth a try. :)

Sorry for the delay in reply! It's working again, but not on certain browsers oddly. I use Opera and it refuses to work, however when in Internet Explorer it works perfectly. :)

One last push. I'm still screwed money wise...but being a little less screwed would be lovely. Anyone? :)

Oh, fuck. I had completely forgotten this before leaving on holiday. Sorry, I never got around to actually donating the money. I suppose it's too late now? If you have a PayPal account, I can transfer the money to you directly.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Sign in to follow this