NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
lostprophetpunk

Minihobbs Website Design

Links don't work for me... the ones on the left.

That would be as it is just the design, so the links do not actually have a target, but are there for the use to see how they would hover etc.

Oooooh okay, sorry.

I saw that you mentioned it being CSS checked and stuff and just thought it was like, a whole site.

In that case!

Thumbs up!

I like very much.

One very... very small thing that bugs me though is the length of the webpage... if it was just like... I dunno, 100 pixels shorter I wouldn't have to scroll and it'd "fit" in my browser.

But I guess the other parts of the site would be lengthier so... probably wouldn't matter in that case.

Oooooh okay, sorry.

I saw that you mentioned it being CSS checked and stuff and just thought it was like, a whole site.

In that case!

Thumbs up!

I like very much.

One very... very small thing that bugs me though is the length of the webpage... if it was just like... I dunno, 100 pixels shorter I wouldn't have to scroll and it'd "fit" in my browser.

But I guess the other parts of the site would be lengthier so... probably wouldn't matter in that case.

It's ok. On most websites you have to scroll down etc. It's mainly due to me working on a laptop so not getting a huge resolution for designing.

I wanted to code it in HTML 5 as it is the latest HTML format out. The reason why I said that the HTML 5 and the CSS is valid, as this is something that it is important when creating a professional design.

I am however, looking to code a full website as I am wanting to use this for my new design.

It's a nice design :) clean, modern, CSS is all up to date (surprised you didn't use an external stylesheet, though?) tentatively valid HTML 5 which is interesting to see.

Would like to see more pages done, see how you do the portfolio. Any ideas for it?

Also, is it built on any kind of CMS?

It's fine how it is in terms of height. You can never please everyone with that and it would obviously scroll more with more news items. It's a typical blog style so I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up 5 times that height. If you made it to fit Wesley's screen it still wouldn't fit my netbook and would be too small for my TV so what's the point eh?

If anything I think the banner at the top kind of lets it down? The "portfolio" and "artwork" text just seems to hang there and the way those boxes fall out of the banner doesn't seem right. Something a bit more typography based and with a bit less colour would suit the rest of your site more I think. You've got this heavily text based design with nothing but greys and pink but that one space has blues and reds and yellows. If you want to get samples of your portfolio on the homepage maybe finding a way to integrate an image with a blog post would be better, something in the same vein as Abduzeedo (but smaller).

It's a nice design :) clean, modern, CSS is all up to date (surprised you didn't use an external stylesheet, though?) tentatively valid HTML 5 which is interesting to see.

Would like to see more pages done, see how you do the portfolio. Any ideas for it?

Also, is it built on any kind of CMS?

It's fine how it is in terms of height. You can never please everyone with that and it would obviously scroll more with more news items. It's a typical blog style so I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up 5 times that height. If you made it to fit Wesley's screen it still wouldn't fit my netbook and would be too small for my TV so what's the point eh?

If anything I think the banner at the top kind of lets it down? The "portfolio" and "artwork" text just seems to hang there and the way those boxes fall out of the banner doesn't seem right. Something a bit more typography based and with a bit less colour would suit the rest of your site more I think. You've got this heavily text based design with nothing but greys and pink but that one space has blues and reds and yellows. If you want to get samples of your portfolio on the homepage maybe finding a way to integrate an image with a blog post would be better, something in the same vein as Abduzeedo (but smaller).

I only have the CSS on the page as I only do it for making a mock up of the design. Once I have coded the rest of the website, then I will use external style sheets.

The portfolio page will incorporate a php gallery designed by myself.

I shall be leaving the design for a day or two, and then coming back to it. As this is how I improve the design. I come back after a day or two and then I will be able to see if anything points out to me etc.

I didn't want the site to be based on typography too much as I didn't want to go for a minimalistic look.

Very clean look, I like it. The logo and menu is really nice.

The only thing I would tweak is to add a little padding on the portfolio box and included elements, give them a little breathing space to stand out.

Beyond that little visual tweak though I think it's great. Will you be converting this into a Wordpress theme?

Very clean look, I like it. The logo and menu is really nice.

The only thing I would tweak is to add a little padding on the portfolio box and included elements, give them a little breathing space to stand out.

Beyond that little visual tweak though I think it's great. Will you be converting this into a Wordpress theme?

Thanks for the feedback Chris. I may be converting it to a wordpress theme, if I have the time.

Sign in to follow this