NEurope
That Guy

Belkin N Router dropping connection

Anyone got any idea why my Belkin N router is dropping the internet connection? It's only happening every couple of days but it disconnects and then I'll restart the router and it still doesn't reconnect. It takes ages and about 6 restarts before it just randomly starts working again.

Any ideas?

Mine used to do that when we first got it, ours is a Pre-N router. No idea why it did it but it just stopped one day and has been fine ever since. Have you tried updating the firmware on it? Could something else be effecting it (wireless phone, etc)? Not really my thing routers but if it's faulty don't Belkin give a lifetime warranty on their products?

Thanks for your help, but it's actually the modem bit of it that keeps dropping out, not the signal. It has been fine for a couple of days now. Hopefully it'll work.

I looked for the firmware but every time I selected the file it said incorrect file type and didn't work.

If it's the actual connection dropping and not just the wireless signal perhaps check with your ISP and check about any line problems.